Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Error with 16 bit Windows Sybsystem

Error with 16 bit Windows Sybsystem

Videohead

I'm getting this pop-up message, titled "16 bit Windows Subsystem", when
I try to un-install a HP Printer from my XP Pro system.

C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
terminate the application.

I wan to install so I choose "Ignore". But then nothing happens. The
HP Printer driver is up-to-date and is for Windows XP.

This happens not just with this HP Printer un-installation. I get this
message on many other application installations too. What's the reason
and how to solve it?