Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > bios upgrade fear

bios upgrade fear

Rod Long

Upgrading a bios on an older machine that does not have a 'flash utility' to
me is a scary proposition. Anyone remember how? I know that you need to copy
some files to a floppy..then? Thanks

cc0275012

How do you know the bios is flashable ?

"Rod Long" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Upgrading a bios on an older machine that does not have a 'flash utility'

> me is a scary proposition. Anyone remember how? I know that you need to

copy
> some files to a floppy..then? Thanks

Pooh_Bear

Hi there..I found on the net awhile ago how to flash a bios the easy way by
running a bat file to do the update with the flash utility and the upgrade.
This was a very easy way of doing it, just run the bat from dos ...and no
user input needed at all, alas no fuss and a sure fire way of getting the
job done.

cheers Pooh Bear
If you would like the files just email me : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

OT: Fear the InterNeil FrisbeeŽ MCSE 32 01-24-2006 08:34 PM
FEAR - real world gameplay benchmarks at bit-tech Silverstrand Front Page News 1 11-01-2005 02:22 PM
OT: No more Fear and Loathing Neil MCSE 19 02-25-2005 03:22 PM
I haven't seen the code but I fear that M$ is WATCHING ME!!! charlie MCSD 6 03-02-2004 12:53 PM
Fear of Earthquakes John R. Baker Computer Support 5 10-12-2003 07:31 PM

Advertisments