Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Help - Beep Code IBM 300pl

Help - Beep Code IBM 300pl

bald eagle

I have an IBM 300pl which OCCASIONALLY boots up to 16 colors - no
drivers yet not appartently in safe mode. When it does it gives 1
long 3 short beeps when it runs the POST.

I reboot and it comes up OK.

This computer ran ok for several months after I reformatted and did a
clean install. A neighbor kid came over and ran some games from an
on- line site and this seems to be one of the residual effects,
Adaware and SpyBot got rid of the other crap.

I am having trouble finding out what the beep code indicates so if
anyone can help out I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Brian M.

"bald eagle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an IBM 300pl which OCCASIONALLY boots up to 16 colors - no
> drivers yet not appartently in safe mode. When it does it gives 1
> long 3 short beeps when it runs the POST.
>
> I reboot and it comes up OK.
>
> This computer ran ok for several months after I reformatted and did a
> clean install. A neighbor kid came over and ran some games from an
> on- line site and this seems to be one of the residual effects,
> Adaware and SpyBot got rid of the other crap.
>
> I am having trouble finding out what the beep code indicates so if
> anyone can help out I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks.

Try reseating the video card.
1 long, 3 short is vga adaptor error.
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/ibmbeep.htm