Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Upgrading to XP Pro

Upgrading to XP Pro

Rick Todd

Heres a question that I havent found the answer for. If I upgrade a customer
to XP Pro, do they keep the same serial no, or does the new version create a
new one?

Im sure its not legal to use an upgrade to upgrade multiple machines, but
was wondering about the serial no.

Solomon Kozanski

"Rick Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsDq%c.1433$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Heres a question that I havent found the answer for. If I upgrade a

customer
> to XP Pro, do they keep the same serial no, or does the new version

create a
> new one?

they get a new one

> Im sure its not legal to use an upgrade to upgrade multiple

machines, but
> was wondering about the serial no.

legal, schmegal, who cares?
--
Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill