Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > SmartCertify Direct

SmartCertify Direct

cc0275012

Has anyone had any experience with SmartCertify Direct for training? I am
looking at using them and wonder what others experiences have been.

AG

"cc0275012" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone had any experience with SmartCertify Direct for training? I am
> looking at using them and wonder what others experiences have been.

I've seen some reviews that were pretty critical of them, their service and
their practices and such. They are pretty high pressure when they've called
me in the past.
Read this article.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff103216.htm

AG

cc0275012

I am beginning to agree. A community college class would be best, but no one
around here ( I checked 5) offers it until the summer.
What about using Transcender?
"No one" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you're better off taking the classes at a local community college. I

wasted
> almost $1,500 with smart certify direct.

AG

"cc0275012" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am beginning to agree. A community college class would be best, but no

one
> around here ( I checked 5) offers it until the summer.
> What about using Transcender?
> "No one" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > you're better off taking the classes at a local community college. I

> wasted
> > almost $1,500 with smart certify direct.

For the cost of Transcenders you could get 3 or 4 old computers that you
could mess with and fix/tear up and a copy of a good A+ book to guide you.
Unless you are one of those people that just need the discipline and
structure of classes to learn my advice would be to get a good book, a
screwdriver and some old computers.
Many, if not most of the software tools that I use when working on computers
are free to download from the internet.
Finally, take a look at the Google archives of this group and look at the
posts by people who passed the tests and what they say works. I've seen a
very large number of posts complaining about not learning anything useful
from classes and a bunch from people that used the Meyers books and others.
AG

cc0275012

It would

But if I can get my company to pay for it....

"xmp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fhGXc.78$w%(E-Mail Removed). net...
> cc0275012 wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info. I passed A+ using the Michael Meyer's Passport book

and
> > the Dummies book.
> > I was looking at them for some of the other Comptia certifications. It

looks
> > like I can spend about $500
> > with them, or $1600 at a local community college and get

Server+/Network+
> > training.

> $1600 would buy a nice home lab <g>.
>
> michael

cc0275012

Passport book is "ok" for Server+ but not enough. It doesn't follow the
objectives. It's may be "ok" if you are skipping A+ trying to get Server+.
You need more than the Passport book though.
"ImhoTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "cc0275012" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks for the info. I passed A+ using the Michael Meyer's Passport book

> and
> > the Dummies book.
> > I was looking at them for some of the other Comptia certifications. It

> looks
> > like I can spend about $500
> > with them, or $1600 at a local community college and get

Server+/Network+
> > training.
> >

> If you did A+ with with the passport, you can probably dor Net+, and

Server+
> the same way. But I would get the All-In-One rather than the passport.

merlin8

They dont respect opt-out on the telemarketing of your tele. I have
expressed to them on several occasions I am not interested in their
expensive scams. You are better off getting a good book on the
certification you want to pursue and lurk around the usenet/google
learning from others that have done it. Then when your ready just do it.

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:43:38 -0500, cc0275012 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with SmartCertify Direct for training? I am
> looking at using them and wonder what others experiences have been.

merlin8

Why are server+ and network+ different exam? Servers are related to
network technology and should be apart of net+.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:47:07 -0400, ImhoTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "cc0275012" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Passport book is "ok" for Server+ but not enough. It doesn't follow the
>> objectives. It's may be "ok" if you are skipping A+ trying to get
>> Server+.
>> You need more than the Passport book though.
>> "ImhoTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Why are you telling me this?
>
>> > "cc0275012" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> book
>> > and

>> It
>> > looks

>> Server+/Network+

> Why would you spend 1600 or even 500 if you already have enough knowledge
> that you feel qualified to say things like 'Passport book is "ok" for
> Server+ but not enough. '
>

>> > If you did A+ with with the passport, you can probably dor Net+, and

>> Server+
>> > the same way. But I would get the All-In-One rather than the passport.
>> >

> Note here that I did say, get the All-In-One.

Solomon Kozanski

"xmp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fhGXc.78$w%(E-Mail Removed). net...
> cc0275012 wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info. I passed A+ using the Michael Meyer's

Passport book and
> > the Dummies book.
> > I was looking at them for some of the other Comptia

certifications. It looks
> > like I can spend about $500
> > with them, or $1600 at a local community college and get

Server+/Network+
> > training.

> $1600 would buy a nice home lab <g>.
>
> michael

or two nice home rottweilers
--
Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

Solomon Kozanski

"merlin8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)1.com...
> They dont respect opt-out on the telemarketing of your tele. I have
> expressed to them on several occasions I am not interested in their
> expensive scams. You are better off getting a good book on the
> <snipped>

makes me wonder if there are enough people out there trying to get
certs that i could make a decent buck helping them get certified...
--
Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

SkillSoft or SmartCertify training for .NET/MCSD ? =?Utf-8?B?V2ViRGV2X0Za?= MCSD 0 01-30-2004 03:21 PM
Opinion about smartcertify.com arunas A+ Certification 2 12-19-2003 05:10 PM
smartcertify? entoone A+ Certification 1 11-07-2003 10:39 PM
SmartCertify Direct Mike Riston MCSE 26 08-08-2003 02:43 AM
Re: SmartCertify A+ Core Module Tony Sivori A+ Certification 2 07-17-2003 04:56 AM

Advertisments