Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Data Recovery

Data Recovery

Gary

Does anyone have any experience using the data recovery utilities from
Runtime software.? I'm wondering if it would work on a machine that
the OS was reloaded about 2 years ago. The individual would like to
recover the files from his original "my documents folder". The bad
news is this person has been using the machine for the last 2 years
and saving documents on it.

Gary

Patrick Michael

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have any experience using the data recovery utilities from
> Runtime software.? I'm wondering if it would work on a machine that
> the OS was reloaded about 2 years ago. The individual would like to
> recover the files from his original "my documents folder". The bad
> news is this person has been using the machine for the last 2 years
> and saving documents on it.

How full is his hard drive now? If there's a lot of "new" data on there,
it's probably overwritten any trace of the old data...or at least
overwritten enough of it that it would be completely corrupted. I suppose
there's no harm in trying it, but I'd be surprised if you recovered much.