Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > HELP!! 80GB in Pll

HELP!! 80GB in Pll

Buzz

I have a Pll 350 that got blocked when I installed optic mouse, but I have
decided to install 80gb of HD but it does not see it(80gb) after reading the
cdrom it stops.but when i put the 6gb that was there before it sees it.. If
I update the BIOS, could it help to get the pc see the 80gb? if not how can
I get the 80gb work. I have jumped it the right way. I have controlled the
IDE cable. is there anything in the BIOS to setup?
Help! Help!!

AG

"Buzz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i67Vc.159392$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Pll 350 that got blocked when I installed optic mouse, but I have
> decided to install 80gb of HD but it does not see it(80gb) after reading

the
> cdrom it stops.but when i put the 6gb that was there before it sees it..

If
> I update the BIOS, could it help to get the pc see the 80gb? if not how

can
> I get the 80gb work. I have jumped it the right way. I have controlled the
> IDE cable. is there anything in the BIOS to setup?
> Help! Help!!

It might help to upgrade the BIOS but don't count on it. There's a real
limit on computers of this age as to the size of drive you can use.
If you have an empty PCI slot you can put an IDE controller in so you can
use the drive. A drive controller will also access the driver faster than
that motherboard will allow you to.
I like Promise controllers. There's one here for $26.99
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-002&depa=0

AG

Geoff

Buzz wrote:
> I have a Pll 350 that got blocked when I installed optic mouse, but I
> have decided to install 80gb of HD but it does not see it(80gb) after
> reading the cdrom it stops.but when i put the 6gb that was there
> before it sees it.. If I update the BIOS, could it help to get the pc
> see the 80gb? if not how can I get the 80gb work. I have jumped it
> the right way. I have controlled the IDE cable. is there anything in
> the BIOS to setup?
> Help! Help!!

updating the bios might help yes, it *should* be ok with 80gig, anything
before p2's can't see anything that big, i forget what the limit was, i
think it was 8gig for pentium 1's (it depends on chipset)

check the jumper config on it again

there won't be much that needs setting in the bios but the basics,
best settings for all 4 ide channels is for them to be set to auto
some poeple like the use the auto detect (which sets them to manual)
basicly, if it won't work under auto, manual is not going to help

manual was only really useful on stuff like 386, 486, pentium1's at worst
(some pc's didn't like to work properly on auto)

Kenny

Seems you have a BIOS limitation on HDD size, look on HDD mfrs. site for
drive overlay software which can overcome BIOS size limitations. Never used
it personally but I believe it works by dividing the drive into smaller
partitions and fooling the BIOS.

--

Kenny

"Buzz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i67Vc.159392$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Pll 350 that got blocked when I installed optic mouse, but I have
> decided to install 80gb of HD but it does not see it(80gb) after reading

the
> cdrom it stops.but when i put the 6gb that was there before it sees it..

If
> I update the BIOS, could it help to get the pc see the 80gb? if not how

can
> I get the 80gb work. I have jumped it the right way. I have controlled the
> IDE cable. is there anything in the BIOS to setup?
> Help! Help!!

cc0275012

If you choose the "install a IDE Controller route", remember you should need
to disable the onboard IDE controller.
"Buzz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i67Vc.159392$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Pll 350 that got blocked when I installed optic mouse, but I have
> decided to install 80gb of HD but it does not see it(80gb) after reading

the
> cdrom it stops.but when i put the 6gb that was there before it sees it..

If
> I update the BIOS, could it help to get the pc see the 80gb? if not how

can
> I get the 80gb work. I have jumped it the right way. I have controlled the
> IDE cable. is there anything in the BIOS to setup?
> Help! Help!!

AG

"cc0275012" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you choose the "install a IDE Controller route", remember you should

need
> to disable the onboard IDE controller.

I never did. I ran an old PC with 3 CDROMs and 3 hard drives at once for a
while. I was really just testing the CD ROM to make sure it was good but
after I put it in I got busy and didn't take it out for a while but it
worked fine.
The hard drives were all on the IDE controller and the CDROMs were all on
the onboard controller.

PLL in CPLD Kriki VHDL 0 09-16-2004 03:46 PM
Choosing PLL ALuPin VHDL 1 07-28-2004 10:01 PM
PLL phase after compensation ALuPin VHDL 2 07-20-2004 10:51 AM
pll frequency multiplier Peter VHDL 1 02-06-2004 05:06 AM
VHDL code of PLL and LVDS-receiver for FLEX10K Altera PLD spiderman_astig VHDL 3 02-06-2004 05:03 AM

Advertisments