Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > WinXP and Windows Update

WinXP and Windows Update

Nathan

Ok, so I use Windows Updates like I should...but I keep getting the
"Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)". I
install it time and time again. I've uninstalled the patch, restarted, and
then reapplied the patch and it still keeps coming up on under the Critical
Updates tab on Windows Updates. It seems like it doesn't want to take the
patch. I'm concerned that it will hamper other patches from getting
through. Any thoughts?

-Nathan

Jamco

just install service pack 2, avaliable here

"Nathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, so I use Windows Updates like I should...but I keep getting the
> "Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)". I
> install it time and time again. I've uninstalled the patch, restarted,
> and
> then reapplied the patch and it still keeps coming up on under the
> Critical
> Updates tab on Windows Updates. It seems like it doesn't want to take the
> patch. I'm concerned that it will hamper other patches from getting
> through. Any thoughts?
>
> -Nathan

Nathan

Well...it installs successfully, but it keeps saying "Windows has found an
update...etc."

-Nathan

"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:412504e1$0$44234$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Nathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ok, so I use Windows Updates like I should...but I keep getting the
> > "Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)".

> > install it time and time again. I've uninstalled the patch, restarted,

> and
> > then reapplied the patch and it still keeps coming up on under the

> Critical
> > Updates tab on Windows Updates. It seems like it doesn't want to take

the
> > patch. I'm concerned that it will hamper other patches from getting
> > through. Any thoughts?
> >
> > -Nathan

> Try this page.
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q822798
>
> AG

AG

I know there's a MS knowledge base article about this problem but I can't
seem to find it now. A link has been posted to it in this group, or at
least I'm pretty sure it was here so you might try searching the Google
archives to see if you can find it.

AG