Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Passed OS 220-302

Passed OS 220-302

webzila

Took the 220-302 exam this morning.
Finished in about 30 min. Passed with a 636
I got a 632 on the HW test but I really thought that this one was much
much easier...I could of reviewed some questions for a higher grade but
I was confident that I passed so I submitted it..

There were alot of Networking concepts which included several questions
about Subnet masks and IP/Subnet classes. There was also a question
asking about a certain command line switch for a ping command (not a
commonly used switch).

There were some questions about files needed to start up NT and Win9x
computers...none of the questions asked about the boot order.

There was one weird question about disk spanning between Win2k and
Win9x.

The rest was just basic stuff...things that you see over and over again
in all of the available practice tests and books.

The materials that I used to study were:
ExamCram2 A+ 2nd Ed.
ExamCram2 Practice Questions
PrepLogic & MesureUp Testing software that came with the ExamCram2
books'
VN Publishing A+ Testing Software (very nice) - available at
http://www.vnpublishing.com
Cert21.com 220-302 Exams
And various other free sites such as freecomptia.com and others.

Probably the next cert that I will go for is Network+ ... maybe next
summer

metalmangler

I noticed today on the comptia website that the Network + exam will be
expanded to cover new objectives by the end of the acedemic school year
2005.

news:ce5ten$(E-Mail Removed)...