Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Stupid company paying $9.00 for PC tech

Stupid company paying $9.00 for PC tech

Tom MacIntyre

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:42:17 GMT, "Ā«bonehead;\)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> [...]
>> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:19:44 -0400, "Solomon Kozanski"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >"Main" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> >
>> >are you *trying* to sound like an a- no, i'll assume you merely have a

>lack
>> >of understanding of how the job market works.
>> >
>> >$9/hr is only a mere $18.7K per annum, just barely above the poverty

>line.
>> >you could make $9/hr working in a damn WAREHOUSE, and that doesnt even
>> >require a SKILL!

>I happen to have plenty of skills computer and otherwise...I am lucky to
>have a job in this city...
>Better to be versatile and make some money....
> but I suppose working in a warehouse is somehow below you...
>I'm willing to bet you can't lift a 30 foot boat and place it on a coupla 2
>x 6's 40 feet in the air...
>http://www.whiskeyislandmarina.com/reasons.html
>BTW I think it is easier to find a job when you have a job when you are
>already employed...
>... somehow the new employer sees that you must actually be worth something,
> because you were employed by someone else to begin with.
>

>> Everything requires a skill...everything, and most jobs require
>> multiple skills. There are probably a few warehouse employees out
>> there who are pretty good around computers, also. What's next...maybe
>> truck driving doesn't require a skill either.
>>

>> >anybody who even remotely understands what a computer is and does,

>obviously
>> >has some intelligence, a feature notably LACKING in the hoi polloi. how

>many
>> >of those idiots (HR guys included) can distinguish between a 115V AC

>power
>> >connector and an IDE interface?!
>> >
>> >to suggest that anybody would go through the trouble of studying, then
>> >spending $200+ of their own money for testing and certification (not to
>> >mention for the study materials) just so they could make as much money

>WITH
>> >a marketable skill as some schmuck in a warehouse WITHOUT, $9/hr is an
>> >INSULT. perhaps in some hokey backwoods "economically depressed" area

>where
>> >rednecks swill beer and jobs are scarce, where even the techies have no

>idea
>> >of how much money they could and should be making...

>> You're way off the mark...if you are referring to an area like where I
>> live, we have high unemployment, but as for the rest of the
>> stereotype, you're wrong. We have a well-educated work force, partly
>> due to the availability of government programs helping the unemployed
>> return to school. The cost of living is low. You seem to think that
>> you are somehow better than some "schmuck" who is a (insert grunt job
>> title here). I don't agree with your view of the work force.
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> >...i need a good stiff drink after that one.

As one who has worked in a variety of jobs over the years, incuding
(predictably) working in a warehouse...thank you.

Tom

Solomon Kozanski

"«bonehead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZvDNc.44044$(E-Mail Removed) gy.com...
> <snipped>
> I happen to have plenty of skills computer and otherwise...I am lucky to
> have a job in this city...

i think the question is more political than economic, but that's for
alt.politics
--
Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

<snipped>