Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > A puzzle to puzzle you

A puzzle to puzzle you

sk

Hi,
previously I posted about my problem twice in other groups but havent
got any significant solution till yet.However, I am representing the
problem in a different manner after carefully analysing it.
The confusion is between "Building DMI Pool..." and "Verifying DMI
Pool Data..".Note that whenever it shows "Building.." , windows will
boot but will not go beyong the progress bar (In safe mode, beyond
mup.sys) and in case it shows "Verifying.." there is absolutely no
problem.
1. It was used to verify until recently it started building at ever
boot.No, I didnt install any new hardware.
2. If I use my mobo on my frds' comp , it verifies...windows xp
starts...and says "Found a new hardware--USB Controller".Installs
driver and then on subsequent boots it keeps building.
3. If I use my frds' mobo on my computer it verifies everytime I
restart.Then I would replace the mobo and Now I am using my own mobo
on my computer.Surprisingly it Verifies.On restart it verifies but
after some reboots it starts building.
Any idea what's happening?

Geoff

sk wrote:
> Hi,
> previously I posted about my problem twice in other groups but havent
> got any significant solution till yet.However, I am representing the
> problem in a different manner after carefully analysing it.
> The confusion is between "Building DMI Pool..." and "Verifying DMI
> Pool Data..".Note that whenever it shows "Building.." , windows will
> boot but will not go beyong the progress bar (In safe mode, beyond
> mup.sys) and in case it shows "Verifying.." there is absolutely no
> problem.
> 1. It was used to verify until recently it started building at ever
> boot.No, I didnt install any new hardware.
> 2. If I use my mobo on my frds' comp , it verifies...windows xp
> starts...and says "Found a new hardware--USB Controller".Installs
> driver and then on subsequent boots it keeps building.
> 3. If I use my frds' mobo on my computer it verifies everytime I
> restart.Then I would replace the mobo and Now I am using my own mobo
> on my computer.Surprisingly it Verifies.On restart it verifies but
> after some reboots it starts building.
> Any idea what's happening?

it's a motherboard thing i think
try updating the bios
or reset bios to defaults before you try that
could be time to RMA ??