Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Weird Norton AV Problem

Weird Norton AV Problem

Tony

I have a client (same one as my other post) who cannot do a live update on her paid subscription of
Norton 2004 AV. I get the following message:

LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates. LiveUpdate had an internal error while getting
your updates

I did everything Symantec said to do (delete some files in the Live Update folder, etc). NOthing,
and I mean NOTHING works. I even uninstalled NAV and deleted every reference of it in the registry.
Re-intalled and BOOM!, same error code.

Any ideas???? I have done everything suggested in the link below.

http://service1.symantec.com/support...s.html&tpre=ap

Thanks

Tony

Tony

>Apparently the NAV 2004 is more "problematic" than 2003(which I have). When
>I've encountered problems with it on a few occasions I've done a complete
>manual uninstall and that resolved the issue.
>
>Hopefully you won't have to re-format and reinstall the OS.

My client would rather switch to McAfee before they blow their hard drive away just so they can use
NAV.

Tony

TechGeekPro

On Jul 15, 2004 "ImhoTech" blathered:

> Given your undivided
> attention it would take at least 3 to 4 hours to sort out a truly clean
> manual uninstall of NAV.

Ha. I've done it (successfully I might add) in just over an hour. Punk.

--
TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

TechGeekPro

On Jul 15, 2004 "LadyTech" blathered:

> Just over an hour?! Thats a record breaker! I could have sworn it
> takes longer than an hour.

Well obviously it took me a lot longer than that the first couple of times I
had to do it. However, at my last job working for a local computer shop, this
sort of thing happened all the time. I actually had a printout from
Symantec's Web site that I used as a reference and I had the whole process
down science.

But boy, it sure was fun giving ImhoTech a dose of his own arrogant medicine.
I'll let the community decide who the real troll is.

--
TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

TechGeekPro

On Jul 18, 2004 "LadyTech" blathered:

> Come on now, ImhoTech isn't all that bad. I remember when I had to
> remove the Blaster worm from a relatives computer and I was having a
> hard time with the nasty worm and ImhoTech was the one that explained
> everything on how to remove it... I used the reference of what he
> posted and low and behold I blasted the worm (no pun intended, LOL) I
> was so relieved that I finally solved the problem, but actually he
> helped me do it

I'm sure he's competent as a computer technician. Unfortunately, he doesn't
seem willing to give others that credit. Nice pun though.

--
TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

TechGeekPro

On Jul 18, 2004 "LadyTech" blathered: