Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > IT boom in CANADA

IT boom in CANADA

Tom MacIntyre

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:07:17 -0400, Drew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey Tom:
>
>Whereabouts do you live? Lots of IT jobs there? That sounds like the
>climate I like. I actually like cold weather and a temp not above 90
>would be nice. Perhaps I should think about that after I finish the
>grad degree in May!
>
>Drew

Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada, on the east coast.

Actually, we've lost 2 big IT call center clients recently, and they
were the best large-scale (for us) job opportunities around. We have
high unemployment and good government support for training while
unemployed, so many people get IT training, and many remain
unemployed.

Tom

>On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:49:07 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:17:40 -0500, "AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Tom MacIntyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>Vancouver.

>>>unless

>>>I know but when it gets below freezing here within a couple of days it's
>>>warmed back up. The climate here is classed as subtropical. For instance
>>>my mom has fig trees in her yard and we can grow tomatoes till October.
>>>I'm getting older, my knees and back hurt when it's cold and I don't like
>>>snow at all.
>>>GRIPE, GRIPE, GRIPE. Aren't we old men grouchy.
>>>AG
>>>

>>I'm almost 48. Some of my co-workers think I'm a bit off, but I will
>>go outside, usually for brief periods, but sometimes longer, in -30 C
>>(-22 F) wearing a short-sleeved shirt. I rarely even get goose bumps.
>>The down side is this time of year. 15C (67 F), sometimes lower, and I
>>start to suffer. My body's thermostat is way off.
>>
>>Thankfully it doesn't get really hot here...rarely do we exceed 90 F.
>>
>>Tom

Tom MacIntyre

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:32:11 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:07:17 -0400, Drew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hey Tom:
>>
>>Whereabouts do you live? Lots of IT jobs there? That sounds like the
>>climate I like. I actually like cold weather and a temp not above 90
>>would be nice. Perhaps I should think about that after I finish the
>>grad degree in May!
>>
>>Drew
>>

>Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada, on the east coast.
>
>Actually, we've lost 2 big IT call center clients recently, and they
>were the best large-scale (for us)

insert "IT"

I'm sure most have assumed that that's what I meant.

Tom