Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Who's finally giving up on a computer career?

Reply
Thread Tools

Who's finally giving up on a computer career?

 
 
bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
I am.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nimrod
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:22:09 -0700, bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am.


Why?

And what is your new choice?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Geoff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
bill wrote:
> I am.


mmm if you are posting in here that says to me you havn't even started yet



 
Reply With Quote
 
billybronco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
"bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am.


Im not a-plus certified although I have a degree in computer science and
worked for 3 years as an IT administrator. I was unfortunately made
redundant from that job.

That was 2 years ago and I haven't managed to secure an IT job since. The IT
job market has been drying up for the past 3 years, and there seems to be
13200 applicants for any and every IT vacancy, so they get to choose the
best of the best, plus it seems that a lot of IT jobs nowadays are paying
you utter **** for what they are asking from you. I saw one vacancy the
other day that made me chuckle, "2 years + solid server exp. supporting
2000+ users, MCSE essential" and paying 15K, I was about to phone the dude
up and ask him if the applicant would be expected to suck his cock clean
every morning too.

Im currently working in an office doing mundane tasks for 5 per hour
(wow!). The way the IT job market is, I dont think Ill be going back into it
anytime soon. I am currently doing an evening course in plumbing, and once
qualified I am going to do that full time. May seem strange to go from IT to
plumbing, but it pays the bills, and it pays well.

My advice to anyone thinking of embarking on an IT career is dont. Do
anything EXCEPT I.T.




 
Reply With Quote
 
Nimrod
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004

>My advice to anyone thinking of embarking on an IT career is dont. Do
>anything EXCEPT I.T.
>


Where in the country do you live?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom MacIntyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:58:35 +0100, "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>bill wrote:
>> I am.

>
>mmm if you are posting in here that says to me you havn't even started yet
>
>


You don't seem to have a good understanding of this newsgroup. There
are many professionals who post and possibly lurk here. Unless things
have changed, that is.

Tom
 
Reply With Quote
 
Fred Mathering
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2004
quitter

"bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Fred Mathering
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2004
time to get out of the UK

"billybronco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am.

>
> Im not a-plus certified although I have a degree in computer science and
> worked for 3 years as an IT administrator. I was unfortunately made
> redundant from that job.
>
> That was 2 years ago and I haven't managed to secure an IT job since. The

IT
> job market has been drying up for the past 3 years, and there seems to be
> 13200 applicants for any and every IT vacancy, so they get to choose the
> best of the best, plus it seems that a lot of IT jobs nowadays are paying
> you utter **** for what they are asking from you. I saw one vacancy the
> other day that made me chuckle, "2 years + solid server exp. supporting
> 2000+ users, MCSE essential" and paying 15K, I was about to phone the

dude
> up and ask him if the applicant would be expected to suck his cock clean
> every morning too.
>
> Im currently working in an office doing mundane tasks for 5 per hour
> (wow!). The way the IT job market is, I dont think Ill be going back into

it
> anytime soon. I am currently doing an evening course in plumbing, and once
> qualified I am going to do that full time. May seem strange to go from IT

to
> plumbing, but it pays the bills, and it pays well.
>
> My advice to anyone thinking of embarking on an IT career is dont. Do
> anything EXCEPT I.T.
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom MacIntyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2004
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:37:44 GMT, "Fred Mathering" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> quitter
>
>"bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I am.

>


Maybe he's a "moving on-er".

Tom
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-15-2004
I'm in it for the long haul......I think pretty soon there going to
name me chief network architect.

Gary




On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:22:09 -0700, bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Giving away computer capacity patriic48@gmail.com Hardware 0 10-27-2012 08:27 PM
The giving that keeps on giving sixteenmillion C Programming 0 11-19-2007 10:59 PM
Try...Catch...Finally not firing finally? David Lozzi ASP .Net 12 05-11-2007 12:41 AM
Greenzap is finally live and giving away $25 for new users Andre Brown Computer Support 11 07-13-2005 10:19 PM
buying new computer and giving old one to a friend Ninip Computer Support 6 09-23-2004 08:12 AM



Advertisments