Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > IP address of website

IP address of website

Raymond

How do I know the IP address of a particular website I visited? Is there a
place in window xp that wiould display the ip address of websites i visited?

Thank You.

Derek

Start | Run | then type in 'nslookup' - when you get the dos window type in
the website name, i.e. 'www.neowin.net' - it'll tell you the ip address.

"Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I know the IP address of a particular website I visited? Is there

> place in window xp that wiould display the ip address of websites i

visited?

> Thank You.

AG

"Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I know the IP address of a particular website I visited? Is there

> place in window xp that wiould display the ip address of websites i

visited?

> Thank You.

Just FYI a particular web site might not have it's own IP address if the
host is doing virtual hosting, which means that all of the sites on a
particular server use the same IP. You can use ping to get an IP or
NSLOOKUP.
This site will do it for you:
http://dnsstuff.com/

I often use them since there are other tools to determine where a particular
email is being bounced from when a customer is having email problems.
Sometimes I need to correspond with the people there to figure out where the
problem lies and I have to figure out who they are to talk to them.
AG

kiran1 kiran1 is offline
Junior Member

You can use the http://www.ip-details.com/domain-host-search/ .Through this you will get the ip-address of the particular website and it details.