Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > comp wont start

comp wont start

bj69

On thurs and fri I had a problem where I got a blue screen with a window xp
error message on and my comp shut down. It would not then restart it was
completely dead, the only things which worked when I pressed the button was
the fans, no beeps or anything. If I left it off for say 30 mins it would
then start up fine. My local comp shop said it could be a virus so yesterday
formatted everything and did a full reinstall of everything and virus scan
which showed nothing and the comp would start and reboot fine.
Then today I started it and went on the net for a bit and tried to do a
restart and the thing shut down and went dead on me again. I think its some
sort of intermitant hardware failure and was wondering if it could possibly
be the processor overheating or something as if it is dead if I leave it for
say 30mins it will then boot ok.
The problem only seems to occur if I try and reboot the machine if I keep it
running it seems ok.
Anyone got any ideas?
TIA

Paul Kersey

Test the PS. Have you made any hardware upgrades to the machine lately? Make
sure all components in the machine are secure. Make sure fans are working
and are free of heavy dust.

Might trade out the PS and see if that helps. See how much RAM you are
using, might be time for an upgrade...

Also check microsoft's knowledge base and see if there are any clues there.

PK
A+

news:(E-Mail Removed)...