Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > A+ compared to Network+ ?

A+ compared to Network+ ?

jorg

Hi all,

I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared to
Network+ ?
Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?
Thanks!

TechGeekPro

"jorg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2ZpEc.171119$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared

> Network+ ?

I did too... today!!! I think that the A+ is twice as hard simply
because there are twice as many exams too pass. Really though, I passed the
A+ in 2001 and I knew a lot less about PC's then whereas today I have a lot
more experience with both computers and networks so it would be difficult
for me to gauge that.

> Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?

On one hand, I would consider it a step up in the same sense that having two
or more computers connected together is a step up from a stand alone
machine. On the other hand, the A+ is a much more popular cert and I see a
lot more job listings requiring it. For all intents and purposes though, I
personally would consider them pretty much equal.

> Thanks!

Your welcome!

Fred Mathering

don't know.....yet, I just completed my A+ and heading towards N+, however I
likely won't start on it till the fall.

"jorg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2ZpEc.171119$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared

> Network+ ?
> Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?
> Thanks!

Paul Kersey

Check the domains list at CompTIA.com to get a sense of the difference.

Got an A+ cert in May last year and still have not found any full-time
work....yet.
So these certs help but the real king of the hill is experience.

PK
A+

"jorg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2ZpEc.171119$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared

> Network+ ?
> Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?
> Thanks!

Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:56:00 -0400, "jorg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared to
>Network+ ?
>Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?
>Thanks!

It basically depends on what you do and don't know. There is little
overlap, they are different.

Tom

Bryan

I completed the A+ cert in May this year and am now working on the Network+
The A+ covers alot more ground than the Network+ does.... Both Certs are the
way to go as both together count as an elective towards the MCSE cert. So
take your time and get the A+ to add to your Network+. A+ is probably a
little more difficult as it does have 2 tests opposed to the Net+ is only
one test...

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"jorg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2ZpEc.171119$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared

> Network+ ?
> Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?
> Thanks!

Fred Mathering

of course experience is king, but its such a catch 22

news:t7zEc.76872$(E-Mail Removed). com...