Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > printers & non standard power outlets

printers & non standard power outlets

gman

I been trying to setup an hp inkjet printer but it keeps printing out
green ink. I checked the power outlet with a tester and found it was
not hooked up right (reverse polarity, is this the problem? I tried to
look this up in myer's book but did not find an anwer. Also what is the
best way to clean the ink cartridge holder?

thanks

AG

"gman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7UFCc.960$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I been trying to setup an hp inkjet printer but it keeps printing out
> green ink. I checked the power outlet with a tester and found it was
> not hooked up right (reverse polarity, is this the problem? I tried to
> look this up in myer's book but did not find an anwer. Also what is the
> best way to clean the ink cartridge holder?
>
> thanks

I usually use a qtip and a bit of alcohol to clean them. The reversed
polarity could be a problem for lots of equipment. If you can figure out
how to turn the outlet off it's no problem to change.

AG

Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:24:51 GMT, gman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I been trying to setup an hp inkjet printer but it keeps printing out
>green ink. I checked the power outlet with a tester and found it was
>not hooked up right (reverse polarity, is this the problem? I tried to
>look this up in myer's book but did not find an anwer. Also what is the
>best way to clean the ink cartridge holder?
>
>thanks

A reversed plug is probably not the problem, but it can be a big, big
problem if the device using its power is attached to something plugged
into a properly-polarized outlet. It is also a safety hazard, and
should be dealt with. In Canada, at least, green is earth/ground,
white is neutral and attaches to the silver/white terminal, and black
is hot, and attaches to the copper terminal.

Tom