Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Passed OS Yesterday - Now Certified

Reply
Thread Tools

Passed OS Yesterday - Now Certified

 
 
Bill Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-18-2004
Passed OS exam yesterday with a 522, not the greatest but a pass none
the less. Passed the Core Hardware with a 576 a month ago. I used Mike
Myers all-in-one for study guide for both but found it best for
hardware, not so much for software. Found the OS exam fair but
difficult, my six months experience as a part time tech definitely
helped, probably more than reading the text over and over. I also used
OS practice exams from PrepLogic as there practice exams sore similar
to the actual exam. My scores with the all-in-one were anywhere from
78% - 96%, practice test with PrepLogic were from 585 to a 681. With
these scores I thought I was more than ready for the actual exams.
PrepLogic tests were very difficult compared to Mike's, but different
and off topic from time to time, with questions that start with, "You
are the Network Administrator..." and "You work as the Administrative
Tech..." questions that I thought would be more for a Net+ exam but
definitely does test your knowledge on Networking. Would I recommend
it? ... I don't know, simply because the actual exam is some how
different. So many questions I had to think, "did I ever read that
before?" Had a good variety of questions from command line stuff, NT,
a couple '95, several '98/ME and 2000 questions and only a couple XP
questions. Having never seen or worked with NT found these very
difficult.

One thing that I think is wrong is we should be able to review the
questions that we got wrong on the exam. Maybe knowing what we did
wrong will help us in our future careers as tech's. (you learn from
your mistakes.) For those still studying for the exams, the practice
test loose value as to how well you are doing the more you take them.
I found it best to really concentrate on and print off the questions I
got wrong. For now I am just glad it's over, I am certified, and
hitting the pavement on Monday looking for fulltime tech work. In the
mean time I think I will be looking towards getting the MCP
Certification. To the rest looking to take the exams, good luck. Any
one have any questions I will be back here to see if I can help
anyone. I want to give a big thanks to all those who have helped me
out here with there experiences and knowledge, there is a great group
of people here.

Bill
A+
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Fred Mathering
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2004
good job buddy, thanks for the info, I am looking to do my OS test end of
june, passed the core with 564. I have little computer experience as I do
not work on computers all day long, but the boss wants us A+ cert.

"Bill Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Passed OS exam yesterday with a 522, not the greatest but a pass none
> the less. Passed the Core Hardware with a 576 a month ago. I used Mike
> Myers all-in-one for study guide for both but found it best for
> hardware, not so much for software. Found the OS exam fair but
> difficult, my six months experience as a part time tech definitely
> helped, probably more than reading the text over and over. I also used
> OS practice exams from PrepLogic as there practice exams sore similar
> to the actual exam. My scores with the all-in-one were anywhere from
> 78% - 96%, practice test with PrepLogic were from 585 to a 681. With
> these scores I thought I was more than ready for the actual exams.
> PrepLogic tests were very difficult compared to Mike's, but different
> and off topic from time to time, with questions that start with, "You
> are the Network Administrator..." and "You work as the Administrative
> Tech..." questions that I thought would be more for a Net+ exam but
> definitely does test your knowledge on Networking. Would I recommend
> it? ... I don't know, simply because the actual exam is some how
> different. So many questions I had to think, "did I ever read that
> before?" Had a good variety of questions from command line stuff, NT,
> a couple '95, several '98/ME and 2000 questions and only a couple XP
> questions. Having never seen or worked with NT found these very
> difficult.
>
> One thing that I think is wrong is we should be able to review the
> questions that we got wrong on the exam. Maybe knowing what we did
> wrong will help us in our future careers as tech's. (you learn from
> your mistakes.) For those still studying for the exams, the practice
> test loose value as to how well you are doing the more you take them.
> I found it best to really concentrate on and print off the questions I
> got wrong. For now I am just glad it's over, I am certified, and
> hitting the pavement on Monday looking for fulltime tech work. In the
> mean time I think I will be looking towards getting the MCP
> Certification. To the rest looking to take the exams, good luck. Any
> one have any questions I will be back here to see if I can help
> anyone. I want to give a big thanks to all those who have helped me
> out here with there experiences and knowledge, there is a great group
> of people here.
>
> Bill
> A+



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JAGJR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2004
May I ask if you had any questions in regard to W/2003 Server?

I'm working with Transcender's tests ..at this moment ..and am surprised at
the number of W/2003 Server questions they have in their exams.

John G.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Renata
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2004
I took OS today (yes, passed!) and had no W/2003 questions. I did have
one subnet masks question, one IRQ, and several more that are more of
core domain, not OS.

JAGJR wrote:
> May I ask if you had any questions in regard to W/2003 Server?
>
> I'm working with Transcender's tests ..at this moment ..and am surprised at
> the number of W/2003 Server questions they have in their exams.
>
> John G.
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
JAGJR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2004
Thank you.

John G.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2004
No, I did not have any Server 2003 questions on the actual exam, I was
surprised as to the number of such questions I had from the PrepLogic
practice exam. I used Transcender's test prior to the hardware exam
and I think the point of it is, if you can understand and wrap your
brain around such difficult questions, you should have no problem with
the actual exam and not panic when you see a more difficult question
on the exam.

"JAGJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<fa%Ac.97788$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> May I ask if you had any questions in regard to W/2003 Server?
>
> I'm working with Transcender's tests ..at this moment ..and am surprised at
> the number of W/2003 Server questions they have in their exams.
>
> John G.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Frederic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
congratulation.
--
Frederic
MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bill Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Passed OS exam yesterday with a 522, not the greatest but a pass none
> the less. Passed the Core Hardware with a 576 a month ago. I used Mike
> Myers all-in-one for study guide for both but found it best for
> hardware, not so much for software. Found the OS exam fair but
> difficult, my six months experience as a part time tech definitely
> helped, probably more than reading the text over and over. I also used
> OS practice exams from PrepLogic as there practice exams sore similar
> to the actual exam. My scores with the all-in-one were anywhere from
> 78% - 96%, practice test with PrepLogic were from 585 to a 681. With
> these scores I thought I was more than ready for the actual exams.
> PrepLogic tests were very difficult compared to Mike's, but different
> and off topic from time to time, with questions that start with, "You
> are the Network Administrator..." and "You work as the Administrative
> Tech..." questions that I thought would be more for a Net+ exam but
> definitely does test your knowledge on Networking. Would I recommend
> it? ... I don't know, simply because the actual exam is some how
> different. So many questions I had to think, "did I ever read that
> before?" Had a good variety of questions from command line stuff, NT,
> a couple '95, several '98/ME and 2000 questions and only a couple XP
> questions. Having never seen or worked with NT found these very
> difficult.
>
> One thing that I think is wrong is we should be able to review the
> questions that we got wrong on the exam. Maybe knowing what we did
> wrong will help us in our future careers as tech's. (you learn from
> your mistakes.) For those still studying for the exams, the practice
> test loose value as to how well you are doing the more you take them.
> I found it best to really concentrate on and print off the questions I
> got wrong. For now I am just glad it's over, I am certified, and
> hitting the pavement on Monday looking for fulltime tech work. In the
> mean time I think I will be looking towards getting the MCP
> Certification. To the rest looking to take the exams, good luck. Any
> one have any questions I will be back here to see if I can help
> anyone. I want to give a big thanks to all those who have helped me
> out here with there experiences and knowledge, there is a great group
> of people here.
>
> Bill
> A+



 
Reply With Quote
 
Brandy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
only one? I like to give out more, as in "congratulations," if they only
want one, they only take one, most people take two, though!

"Frederic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Au5Cc.114129$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> congratulation.
> --
> Frederic
> MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
> http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
>
> "Bill Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Passed OS exam yesterday with a 522, not the greatest but a pass none
> > the less. Passed the Core Hardware with a 576 a month ago. I used Mike
> > Myers all-in-one for study guide for both but found it best for
> > hardware, not so much for software. Found the OS exam fair but
> > difficult, my six months experience as a part time tech definitely
> > helped, probably more than reading the text over and over. I also used
> > OS practice exams from PrepLogic as there practice exams sore similar
> > to the actual exam. My scores with the all-in-one were anywhere from
> > 78% - 96%, practice test with PrepLogic were from 585 to a 681. With
> > these scores I thought I was more than ready for the actual exams.
> > PrepLogic tests were very difficult compared to Mike's, but different
> > and off topic from time to time, with questions that start with, "You
> > are the Network Administrator..." and "You work as the Administrative
> > Tech..." questions that I thought would be more for a Net+ exam but
> > definitely does test your knowledge on Networking. Would I recommend
> > it? ... I don't know, simply because the actual exam is some how
> > different. So many questions I had to think, "did I ever read that
> > before?" Had a good variety of questions from command line stuff, NT,
> > a couple '95, several '98/ME and 2000 questions and only a couple XP
> > questions. Having never seen or worked with NT found these very
> > difficult.
> >
> > One thing that I think is wrong is we should be able to review the
> > questions that we got wrong on the exam. Maybe knowing what we did
> > wrong will help us in our future careers as tech's. (you learn from
> > your mistakes.) For those still studying for the exams, the practice
> > test loose value as to how well you are doing the more you take them.
> > I found it best to really concentrate on and print off the questions I
> > got wrong. For now I am just glad it's over, I am certified, and
> > hitting the pavement on Monday looking for fulltime tech work. In the
> > mean time I think I will be looking towards getting the MCP
> > Certification. To the rest looking to take the exams, good luck. Any
> > one have any questions I will be back here to see if I can help
> > anyone. I want to give a big thanks to all those who have helped me
> > out here with there experiences and knowledge, there is a great group
> > of people here.
> >
> > Bill
> > A+

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Passed OS Exam. I am now A+ Certified :>) Viken Karaguesian A+ Certification 4 05-03-2006 11:34 PM
Passed 305 yesterday Liam MCAD 2 04-22-2005 10:56 AM
Passed 70-217 Yesterday Paul MCSE 4 03-06-2004 03:15 PM
Passed The Core, and Why I think It's Important to Get Certified Now RE Ausetkmt A+ Certification 1 11-12-2003 01:48 AM
passed OS, now A+ certified Adam Ross A+ Certification 4 09-08-2003 10:50 PM



Advertisments