Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MVC Model in .Net

MVC Model in .Net

Hi all,

Like to know if any one have implementated any
enterprise .Net Solution using MVC Model?

Is there any doc (whitepaper) or write up on this?

Thanks.

regard
developeforum

bill

How about the book pressed by wrox, "ASP.NET Website Programming
Problem-Design-Solution", it is really build a web site using 3-tier
architecture.

--
bill
e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)

Joerg Jooss

bill wrote:

> How about the book pressed by wrox, "ASP.NET Website Programming
> Problem-Design-Solution", it is really build a web site using 3-tier
> architecture.

The Wrox book isn't bad, but I highly recommend (watch line break)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/architectu...entationPatter
ns/default.aspx

Cheers,
--
Joerg Jooss
(E-Mail Removed)

msnews.microsoft.com

Any comment on doing such implementation?

For non-OO person, it is really paradign and culture change!

Any comment? Any one has or is implementing such model? Please share your
experience?

Any source code available? Really dun know where to start.

Thanks
"Joerg Jooss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> bill wrote:
>
> > How about the book pressed by wrox, "ASP.NET Website Programming
> > Problem-Design-Solution", it is really build a web site using 3-tier
> > architecture.

> The Wrox book isn't bad, but I highly recommend (watch line break)
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/architectu...entationPatter
> ns/default.aspx
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Joerg Jooss
> (E-Mail Removed)

Joerg Jooss

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote:

> Any comment on doing such implementation?
>
> For non-OO person, it is really paradign and culture change!
>
> Any comment? Any one has or is implementing such model? Please share
> your experience?
>
> Any source code available? Really dun know where to start.

Read about PageController, then review
http://msdn.microsoft.com/architectu...ageController/

It is not hard, provided you use code behind classes.

Implementing Front Controller is another story though -- in that case
you may want to look at exisitng frameworks such as Maverick.NET.

Cheers,
--
Joerg Jooss
(E-Mail Removed)

msnews.microsoft.com

Does impletement UI Processing - Application Block considered doing MCV?

Thanks.

"Joerg Jooss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "msnews.microsoft.com" wrote:
>
> > Any comment on doing such implementation?
> >
> > For non-OO person, it is really paradign and culture change!
> >
> > Any comment? Any one has or is implementing such model? Please share
> > your experience?
> >
> > Any source code available? Really dun know where to start.

> Read about PageController, then review
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/architectu...ageController/
>

> It is not hard, provided you use code behind classes.
>
> Implementing Front Controller is another story though -- in that case
> you may want to look at exisitng frameworks such as Maverick.NET.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Joerg Jooss
> (E-Mail Removed)

Joerg Jooss

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote:

> Does impletement UI Processing - Application Block considered doing
> MCV?

If it works as advertised, yes.

--
Joerg Jooss
(E-Mail Removed)

Jeff Louie

If you code in a language/framework designed for MVC you come to
understand how MVC works. At a minimum you can write .NET as M-VC.

http://www.geocities.com/jeff_louie/OOP/oop3.htm
Chapter 3 "Model--View/Controller"

N-tier, IMHO, is different from MVC.

http://www.geocities.com/jeff_louie/OOP/oop10.htm
Chapter 10 "Indirection and Loose Coupling"

Regards,
Jeff