Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Blank Screen

Blank Screen

teak

I built my own system. It worked for ten minutes and now the screen is
blank-Nothing-NADA.
I tried my system on several other computers-still blank screen NADA.
The FTC and IDEs are all right-I would love this system if I could get
screen.

What happended?

Thanks
tino

Patrick Michael

"teak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I built my own system. It worked for ten minutes and now the screen is
> blank-Nothing-NADA.
> I tried my system on several other computers-still blank screen NADA.
> The FTC and IDEs are all right-I would love this system if I could get
> screen.
>
> What happended?
>
> Thanks
> tino

Did you check the obvious? Monitor, video card, etc? Do you hear any beeps
when it starts up (i.e. does it even go into POST)?

Tom MacIntyre

On 2 Jun 2004 11:51:28 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (teak) wrote:

>I built my own system. It worked for ten minutes and now the screen is
>blank-Nothing-NADA.
>I tried my system on several other computers-still blank screen NADA.

What do you mean by this statement?

>The FTC and IDEs are all right-I would love this system if I could get
>screen.
>
>What happended?

What beep codes do you hear, if any?

Tom

>Thanks
>tino

PlazticSoul

"teak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I built my own system. It worked for ten minutes and now the screen is
> blank-Nothing-NADA.
> I tried my system on several other computers-still blank screen NADA.
> The FTC and IDEs are all right-I would love this system if I could get
> screen.
>
> What happended?
>
> Thanks
> tino

When you built your own system, did you bother to buy a cheap system
speaker? I once thought it wasn't very important, and I still don't think
so.... unless you don't see anything on the screen!! Invest in a $2 speaker.
If it doesn't beep once, you know you might have a problem. Find out who
made the BIOS and then search online for known "beep codes" by that
manufacturor