Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Starting out

Starting out

Mike

I'm interested in the A+ certification. Could anyone recommend an approach
to gaining this qualification.

ie, texts, resources, timeframe I should be working to.

My hardware knowledge is average but I am currently studying networking
through TAFE.

Any advice would be appreciated.

mike

Edward A. Weissbard

Mike,

Basically there a many ways to go about this. I would go the cheapest
route. Buy one of the many study guides out there. You can find most of
them at Barnes & Nobles. Don't waste your money on expensive classes just
for the A+ certification. Do the same thing for the Network +.

Check out www.cramsession.com and www.measureup.com for more information.

Just remember you can gain these certification just you studying alone
buying a study guide. I'd go that way, because your still gonna have to
fork over over $200 for the damn A+ tests.

Good Luck

news:FT%tc.485$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm interested in the A+ certification. Could anyone recommend an approach
> to gaining this qualification.
>
> ie, texts, resources, timeframe I should be working to.
>
> My hardware knowledge is average but I am currently studying networking
> through TAFE.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> mike

PlazticSoul

news:FT%tc.485$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm interested in the A+ certification. Could anyone recommend an approach
> to gaining this qualification.
>
> ie, texts, resources, timeframe I should be working to.
>
> My hardware knowledge is average but I am currently studying networking
> through TAFE.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> mike

Purchase Mike Meyers' book "A+ All-In-One Exam Guide, 5th Edition", and read
it cover-to-cover, hilighting things you think are most important. Then,
isolate and examine only the Core parts of the book and study them, take
practice tests, both online and the ones included with the book. After
passing that, go back to the OS portion and repeat. I used this one book,
and maybe one or two online practice tests, and I squeaked by

Mike

thanx for the advice

news:FT%tc.485$(E-Mail Removed)...

starting out JT MCSD 3 06-06-2004 06:18 PM
Starting out in W2K scythe Microsoft Certification 1 11-22-2003 12:26 AM

Advertisments