Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Need help with OS

Need help with OS

jeff

I'll be brutally honest.

ME is pretty much worthless as an OS and for the OS exam. It is so
half/#$@#. It is to the desktop what NT was to workstations. I am
forced to use NT 4.0 at work and it may have been a big thing in its
time but its pathetic. For reasons unknown to anyone but Gates and
God, they fashioned it without any of the helpful things they had
dreamed up for other OS's. NT is like going out on a date with a
wallflower. It never wants to do anything and won't live up to
conversation. (/rant)

You need to get a copy of 2000 or XP(ick!), they are pretty similiar
although XP is so frought with flowers and perfume I can hardly stand
it I keep expecting it to call me 'Dude'. (I like the basic, down to
earth 2000 PRO) but either one will do and the differences you can
sift out through book learning.