Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Win98 box

Re: Win98 box

Brandy

I think that if you right-click the aol tray icon, if it's there, you can
choose 'no starup options'. Also, check your internet properties,
connections tab, and select 'never dial a connection'. It keeps popping up
because it thinks you need to access the internet. Alternatively, if the
window pops up, you could just minimize instead of closing it if you are
working offline.

"VanillaSky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> sorry for the double post
> "VanillaSky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a win98 machine, that otherwise runs very well for my needs.
> > Theproblem is that at boot up AOL starts itself and loads all the way to

> the
> > sign on screen where I enter my password. I have unsinstalled and
> > reinstalled AOL and it works fine until I reboot, and then the same

thing
> > happens.
> >
> > Any ideas of how to stop this?
> >
> > TIA

Ronnie

you can go into msconfig and de-select aol, so that it does not startup at
boot.

news:40b538ab$0$3134$(E-Mail Removed)...