Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > A+ tests

A+ tests

toing

Hi, i just bought the Mike Meyers passport A+ certification 2nd
edition, is this the latest one?, is it good?, are thre any more
materials, like cd's, books, tests, free stuff that you recommend?,
thanks
==============

Patrick Michael

"toing" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:40b4aa8c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, i just bought the Mike Meyers passport A+ certification 2nd
> edition, is this the latest one?, is it good?, are thre any more
> materials, like cd's, books, tests, free stuff that you recommend?,
> thanks

I'd have probably gone for the All-in-one if you don't have a lot of
experience repairing/building computers. But if you have a lot of
experience, the passport would probably be sufficient. Just take as many
practice tests as you can.

Fred Mathering

why would you buy it then ask the questions?

"toing" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:40b4aa8c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, i just bought the Mike Meyers passport A+ certification 2nd
> edition, is this the latest one?, is it good?, are thre any more
> materials, like cd's, books, tests, free stuff that you recommend?,
> thanks
> ==============
> For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

Cindy Clayton

On 26 May 2004 10:32:44 -0400,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid (toing) wrote:

>Hi, i just bought the Mike Meyers passport A+ certification 2nd
>edition, is this the latest one?, is it good?, are thre any more
>materials, like cd's, books, tests, free stuff that you recommend?,
>thanks

To answer your first question, yes, that's the latest edition of the
A+ Passport book, released in December 2003.

As for whether it's good, I think it's great! But then, I know the
authors and work for Total Seminars, so I'm not exactly unbiased.
I can tell you that the Passport book is more streamlined than books
like the A+ All-In-One, and is therefore best suited to those with
some prior PC experience. It covers the bases of CompTIA's objectives,
but doesn't give you a lot of the extra background info which can come
in handy for newbies.

Hope that helps, and best of luck on your A+ cert!

Cindy Clayton
Total Seminars, LLC
www.totalsem.com

J. Q. Etuo, MSCE/CCNA/A+