Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Preparing for A+ Question

Re: Preparing for A+ Question

Dave

I just passed the hardware exam today and studied from the 4th edition of
Meyers' book which is based on 2001 version of exam. Will let you know
about OS in two weeks, but I think you'll be fine with the old book. 2003
objectives are at http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/objectives.asp

Dave

"srudenko" <(E-Mail Removed)1.net> wrote in message
> By looking at the Comptia website I see that the latest
> tests are:
> A+ Core Hardware Exam: 220-301
> A+ OS Technologies Exam: 220-302
>
> The book that I have is for 220-201 / 220-202
> Does anyone know enough about the differences between these
> tests versions and tell me if I really need to get updated
> study book for A+ or will the current one cover enough
> material which is needed to pass the test.
>
> Also, what are the major differences between the 201/202 and
> 301/302 versions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve, I-Net+
>

> Steve, I-Net+
> http://www.webzila.com

Dave DeMay

Passed the OS test today using the 4th edition to study, but only
scored 539 (scored 612 on hardware exam using 4th edition).

Dave again.

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c8vf5h$han$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I just passed the hardware exam today and studied from the 4th edition of
> Meyers' book which is based on 2001 version of exam. Will let you know
> about OS in two weeks, but I think you'll be fine with the old book. 2003
> objectives are at http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/objectives.asp
>
> Dave
>
> "srudenko" <(E-Mail Removed)1.net> wrote in message
> > By looking at the Comptia website I see that the latest
> > tests are:
> > A+ Core Hardware Exam: 220-301
> > A+ OS Technologies Exam: 220-302
> >
> > The book that I have is for 220-201 / 220-202
> > Does anyone know enough about the differences between these
> > tests versions and tell me if I really need to get updated
> > study book for A+ or will the current one cover enough
> > material which is needed to pass the test.
> >
> > Also, what are the major differences between the 201/202 and
> > 301/302 versions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve, I-Net+
> >

> > Steve, I-Net+
> > http://www.webzila.com

I have just passed the Core exam and believe me you need the 5th edition!
There were also questions not in his book such as questions about IPv6 which
I must confess until I got home and on the Internet I had never heard of!
Also, buy the extra CDROM test questions!

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...