Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Maxblast software

Maxblast software

John Coode

I am building a system with 2 120Gb SATA drives from Maxtor. Their website
strongly recommends using their Maxblast software to format and partition
the
drives. Previously I have always used fdisk (or gdisk) with Win98 and Disk
Manager in 2000 and XP. So, are there any advantages to using Maxblast or is
it some kind of
proprietary overlay which could cause problems later?

John Coode

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would recommend avoiding the mfgrs. installation software unless there
> is a specific reason to use it, which there should not be for a 120 gig
> drive.

Thanks. That confirms my gut feeling. I'll stick with the native XP tools.

Edward A. Weissbard

John,

I agree with Barry......................there really should not be a reason
why you would have to use the proprietary software. It'd sitck with OS
software.

Edward W.
El Paso, TX

news:NwGsc.8058$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...

Maxblast 4 Alun NZ Computing 2 01-27-2011 10:14 AM
!st ever HD master install, using maxblast bios limitation ddo.. tips pls. Fred-C Computer Support 4 11-17-2005 04:58 AM
Maxblast 3 AdNoctum Computer Support 1 09-16-2003 08:25 PM

Advertisments