Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full?

solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full?

Joe

getting these errors on windows XP home, after reinstalled XP,restored
older data from external HD,via USB 2,using drive image 7

windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full etc

Iv been reading for days all over the web,this is a common problem,but
after trying several solutions still nothing

now I cant even open/install some exe. files i downloaded

Patrick Michael

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> getting these errors on windows XP home, after reinstalled XP,restored
> older data from external HD,via USB 2,using drive image 7
>
> windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full etc
>
> Iv been reading for days all over the web,this is a common problem,but
> after trying several solutions still nothing
>
> now I cant even open/install some exe. files i downloaded

Well, perhaps this is asking the obvious, but is the hard drive full? If
it's not, and you're getting all kinds of hard-drive errors, it might be
that the hard drive is going bad.

Robert

Are you using an ATI Radeon video card?
If the Performance options under system properties advanced tab are set to
large system cache or priority for system cache on Win XP this can cause
these errors with some of the Catalyst drivers.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> getting these errors on windows XP home, after reinstalled XP,restored
> older data from external HD,via USB 2,using drive image 7
>
> windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full etc
>
> Iv been reading for days all over the web,this is a common problem,but
> after trying several solutions still nothing
>
> now I cant even open/install some exe. files i downloaded

Joe

no,its not full,has passed dx tests,if you look in google,these
errrors are common,but no simple solution

> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > getting these errors on windows XP home, after reinstalled XP,restored
> > older data from external HD,via USB 2,using drive image 7
> >
> > windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full etc
> >
> > Iv been reading for days all over the web,this is a common problem,but
> > after trying several solutions still nothing
> >
> > now I cant even open/install some exe. files i downloaded

> Did your hard drive come with a diagnostic utility to determine if it's in
> good health or not? This would be a floppy disk you can use to check it
> with. I have one from Western Digital I occasionally use for this purpose.

Joe

no,its SiS 300/305/630/540/730 [Display adapter] built in PC chips mobo