Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dynamic Editing

Dynamic Editing

=?Utf-8?B?RGVtdHJp?=

Hi,

I need to create an ASP.Net form that will allow one to edit data in various tables. What I need is the following:

When a user initially arrives to a form they are provided a drop down list containing text values representing the names of several tables (5-10 total).

Upon selecting a table name in the drop down list I would like the form to have the ability to add/edit/delete records in the selected table. One of the road blocks is that a lot of the tables have fields that simply store ID values representing records in other tables (look ups).

So how do I dynamically accomplish this? Any help would be great!

Jeff Siver

I'd recommend creating a user control for each table you want to edit. That
will let you set up the grid and the data separately for each table. In
your common form, after the user selects the table from the dropdown, you
dynamically load the appropriate user control.

This should also let you set up some generic user controls that can handle
multiple tables as well.

Jeff

news:(E-Mail Removed)...