Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > A+ costs

A+ costs

Levi Kudrna

I need to know what the A+ certification costs. I have looked at the
CompTIA website where it say exams cost $145 for non-members. Now since the
A+ certification consists of 2 exams does that mean it costs $290? Or do
they mean that it will cost $145 for both?

LK

bobG

Or $198 for 1100 practice questions and 2 vouchers at www.totalsem.com

Martin

"bobG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Or $198 for 1100 practice questions and 2 vouchers at www.totalsem.com

This is the deal I like the best.

Patrick Michael

"PCportinc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> $290 + $65 for Myer's book + time to read 1200 pages - loss of income cuz

there
> aint no jobs!!!

On the other hand, if you continue beyond A+ and get a formal education in
computer science, MIS/CIS, etc there will be opportunities. If you were
expecting to get a great job after getting your A+, then you didn't do your
research.

Tvegas

So what's the point of wasting the time and money on the test?

"Patrick Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "PCportinc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > $290 + $65 for Myer's book + time to read 1200 pages - loss of income

cuz
> there
> > aint no jobs!!!

> On the other hand, if you continue beyond A+ and get a formal education in
> computer science, MIS/CIS, etc there will be opportunities. If you were
> expecting to get a great job after getting your A+, then you didn't do

your
> research.

Patrick Michael

"Tvegas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QaYjc.50410$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So what's the point of wasting the time and money on the test?

Uhm, it's a stepping stone. Alone, it's not meant to get you a $100K/year
job at a Fortunte 500 company. Like the below poster said, it's meant to
get you started along your career path. Also, I believe A+ counts as one of
the "elective" tests for the MSCE, which definitely is not worthless.

Patrick Michael

"NCIT" <(E-Mail Removed)-excitedotcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The A+ and Network + combined will count as an elective toward the MCSA,

but
> not the MCSE.

Thanks for the clarification.

Tvegas

I know, I was just being sarcastic. I'm so tired of seeing these negative
posts in the form of "There's NO jobs so give up!" These people are so
negative that they probably will Never get a job in the field.
I personally believe in the A+ exams. I've seen half a dozen good paying
jobs advertised that require it in my state.
I still believe, and plan on taking them, and I have a positive mental
attitude.
I'm a believer in Self fulfilling prophecy, and these Pessimists are doomed
for failure because of their whining.

> >So what's the point of wasting the time and money on the test?

> To get one's foot in the door.
>
> IT is flooded right now, much as BS Comp Sci and MBA was a while back.
>
> I'm personally looking for stuff that can't be outsourced. A physical

presence

CAL and costs Chris ASP .Net 9 02-09-2006 08:59 AM
OT: the hidden costs of outsourcing Vigo Breadcrumbs MCSE 1 06-24-2004 04:49 PM
Estimating shipping costs in e-commerce site... Curt_C [MVP] ASP .Net 2 05-05-2004 09:11 PM
Programmers: Find projects with no monthly costs. x9Rc Diana Sanders Java 0 12-02-2003 11:07 AM
Programmers: Find projects with no monthly costs. tUO Johnny Williams Perl 0 12-02-2003 11:07 AM

Advertisments