Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server

.NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server

Doug

We are using the .net framework data provider for SQL, but
have hit a problem that we have not been able to solve
regardless of the timeouts or conncetion pooling settings
on the server.

We more times than not get this error:
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to
obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have
occurred because all pooled connections were in use and
max pool size was reached.

Has anyone hit this problem and/or have any
recommendations to fix or a connection string that may
help?

Thanks,
Doug

Michael Evanchik

are you .close ing your connections in your code? especially if
your doing dynamic coding you need to do this.

Mike

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<033301c3a72a$791e4dc0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> We are using the .net framework data provider for SQL, but
> have hit a problem that we have not been able to solve
> regardless of the timeouts or conncetion pooling settings
> on the server.
>
> We more times than not get this error:
> Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to
> obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have
> occurred because all pooled connections were in use and
> max pool size was reached.
>
> Has anyone hit this problem and/or have any
> recommendations to fix or a connection string that may
> help?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

Doug

Yes,

This is our code...
finally
{
// clean up connection and adapter
if (null != sqlConnection)
{
if (sqlConnection.State ==
System.Data.ConnectionState.Open)
sqlConnection.Close();
sqlConnection.Dispose();
}
if (null != dataAdapter) dataAdapter.Dispose
();
dataAdapter = null;
sqlConnection = null;

}