Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Are classes worth the $?

Are classes worth the $?

JLeonard

To those who have acheived mcsa certifcation:
Do you feel that classes taken at local tech schools are worth the money? Or
would one do just as well simply studying various texts/guides at home?

Thanks,

JL

Not Me

Hi

My opinion, reading about computers is like reading about sex, can be fun
but actually participating is even more fun,

"get your hands dirty" working with computers however you can.

Chris

"JLeonard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To those who have acheived mcsa certifcation:
> Do you feel that classes taken at local tech schools are worth the money?

Or
> would one do just as well simply studying various texts/guides at home?
>
> Thanks,
>

> JL

ap

If the local tech school is a for-profit school like ITT, Devry, CLC,
Lincoln Tech; then the answers is no. For-profit schools care about one
thing, your money. These schools could care less about weather you pass the
tests or even get adaquate hands on prep time. Spend the money you were
going to use on the classes and buy a few machines and a printer to set up a
domain and play/learn.

Classes within classes David ASP .Net 2 07-22-2005 07:13 PM
What is the difference between nested classes and inner classes ? Razvan Java 5 07-27-2004 07:59 PM
Modifiers applied to attributes, local variables, member functions, classes and inncer classes ! Razvan Java 11 07-17-2004 08:57 PM
Can I using reflection to get all child classes or classes undera package dynamically? Carfield Yim Java 1 05-31-2004 05:33 PM
How to access inner classes variables & methods from outer classes lonelyplanet999 Java 1 11-13-2003 01:54 PM

Advertisments