Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cheapest .co.nz domain registration?

Cheapest .co.nz domain registration?

Alan

Hi All,

What is the cheapest .co.nz domain registration that you know of? I
need registration and DNS. Don't need email.

I found $24.50 + GST from 1stdomains.co.nz.

Anyone know of someone cheaper?

Any comments on 1stdomains.co.nz?

Thanks,

--

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

EMB

Alan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What is the cheapest .co.nz domain registration that you know of? I
> need registration and DNS. Don't need email.
>
> I found $24.50 + GST from 1stdomains.co.nz.
>
> Anyone know of someone cheaper?
>
> Any comments on 1stdomains.co.nz?

They seem to do the job ok for me, although I only use them as a
registrar and have DNS, hosting and email handled elsewhere.

Alan

Thanks EMB.

Out of interest, who do you use for those other things?

Thanks,

--

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

(E-Mail Removed)

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

news:496c736f$(E-Mail Removed)...

Alan wrote:
> Thanks EMB.
>
> Out of interest, who do you use for those other things?

For (very) cheap and cheerful, non-critical stuff I use kiwihosting.net.
For the higher value stuff I use my own servers.

Alan

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:496c736f$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Alan wrote:
>>
>> Any comments on 1stdomains.co.nz?
>>

> They seem to do the job ok for me, although I only use them as a
> registrar and have DNS, hosting and email handled elsewhere.

Hi EMB,

Can I ask why you don't use 1stdomains.co.nz for DNS Zone Managements?
Have you used them in the past and found their DNS service to be
'lacking'?

I am thinking that I'll use Google Apps to handle email, no need for a
website just yet, and domain registration is pretty much a one off /
fairly simple thing, so I only have the DNS in the middle to consider,
and once DNS records are reasonably propogated around, reliance on the
authoritative nameserver should become less of an issue (if I
understand it correctly)?

Thanks,

--

Alan wrote:

> Can I ask why you don't use 1stdomains.co.nz for DNS Zone Managements?
> Have you used them in the past and found their DNS service to be 'lacking'?

No issues with them at all - for historical reasons I handle zone
management elsewhere and can't be bothered changing.

Alan

Okay - thanx.