Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > On some web sites I see that <p> is not used.

On some web sites I see that <p> is not used.

Murray

> Yeah, but there days when I'd trade an appendage (buyer's choice) for that
> kind of boring.
>
> sherm--
>
> --
> My blog:http://shermspace.blogspot.com
> Cocoa programming in Perl:http://camelbones.sourceforge.net

It keeps me employed... Fixing bugs. I think of IE6 as Sloth from The
Goonies. You can't really be angry at Sloth.

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-01-16, Murray wrote:

>> is just like using javascript to open a new window
>> instead of using the target attribute so your HTML validates to strict. It
>> validates but is it *correct*.

> I think it is correct to use javascript to open a new window.
> Manipulating an application to open a new window isn't the job of
> html. Adding the target attribute to a link doesn't add any real
> context to the link. You could use rel="external", then use javascipt
> to open those in a new window...

That's a good way to get people to turn off JavaScript!

Author:

Murray

> * * That's a good way to get people to turn off JavaScript!

I prefer to not use either method, javascript or target, middle opens
a new browser if I want it to.

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-01-16, Murray wrote:

>> That's a good way to get people to turn off JavaScript!

> I prefer to not use either method, javascript or target, middle opens
> a new browser if I want it to.

You can't put a middle button on a web page.

If JavaScript popups become common, I *will* turn off JavaScript
for most of my browsing.

Author:

rf

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-01-16, Murray wrote:
>>
>>> That's a good way to get people to turn off JavaScript!

>> I prefer to not use either method, javascript or target, middle
>> opens a new browser if I want it to.

> You can't put a middle button on a web page.
>
> If JavaScript popups become common, I *will* turn off JavaScript
> for most of my browsing.

You don't need to. Most modern browsers have options to prevent this sort of
stuff.

Some sites ok, some not on wireless ....... Nondisclosure007 Wireless Networking 1 06-22-2009 08:29 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments