Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > can't save web page

can't save web page

thedarkman

I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.

http://www.businessworld.in/index.ph...he-Dollar.html

it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
republished in at least one free newspaper.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

richard

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:51:02 -0800 (PST), thedarkman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
>
>http://www.businessworld.in/index.ph...he-Dollar.html
>
>it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
>some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
>republished in at least one free newspaper.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks

with firefox I had no problem viewing the page source.
You can save the entire page by clicking on the file menu on the
toolbar.
"Save as" a complete html page or text only page.
You can also highlight what you want to save by holding the left mouse
key down and scrolling down until all has been highlighted.
Right click when done and select copy.
Paste to notepad.

BTW, it's already in your machine tucked away in one of those temp
internet files so it can be done.

Tim Greer

thedarkman wrote:

> I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
>
> http://www.bu....d.in/index.php/Colu...he-Dollar.html
>
> it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
> some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
> republished in at least one free newspaper.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks

What browser are you using, what method did you try to use to save it?
As someone else said, it's viewable, and surely cached. It's really
impossible to prevent anyone from saving a document if you can view it
in your web browser (people can try and make it harder, depending on
what you're trying to save, but they can't prevent it from happening).

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
thedarkman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
>
> http://www.businessworld.in/index.ph...he-Dollar.html
>
> it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
> some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
> republished in at least one free newspaper.
>
> Can anyone help?

Open Safari and choose save (as archive). It works with this site and
you can see the page offline on a Mac. I assume it might be the case
with Windoze.

--
dorayme

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed thedarkman
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:83728a31-2260-44b9-9387-

> I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
>
> http://www.businessworld.in/index.ph...he-Dollar.html
>
> it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
> some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
> republished in at least one free newspaper.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks

I have heard that clearing out your cache can help with this.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

thedarkman

sorted now, thanks a lot

On 13 Jan, 05:50, Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed thedarkman
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:83728a31-2260-44b9-9387-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.

> >http://www.businessworld.in/index.ph...he-Dollar.html

> > it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
> > some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
> > republished in at least one free newspaper.

> > Can anyone help?

> > Thanks

> I have heard that clearing out your cache can help with this.
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell at Home
> Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

news

You can do" ctrl C" then "ctrl V" in winword or other
83728a31-2260-44b9-9387-97c1e41b461e...oglegroups.com...