Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win7

Reply
 
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2009
Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.
--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.comm
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
§ñühw¤£f
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2009
Old Gringo wrote:
> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.


You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
Mheh...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2009
On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To
The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
> Old Gringo wrote:
>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

>
> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
> Mheh...

<g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.comm
 
Reply With Quote
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2009
On Or About This Time And Date In History, Manatee Memories Stumbled
Over To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:16:03 -0600, Old Gringo
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, by way of
> <vfQal.8842$(E-Mail Removed)>, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> -->::
>
>> On Or About This Time And Date In History, hwf Stumbled Over To
>> The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
>>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
>>>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.
>>> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
>>> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
>>> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
>>> Mheh...

>> <g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.

>
> I would sooner trust the experiences of folks who peruse the warez
> groups
>

Yep

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.comm
 
Reply With Quote
 
DevilsPGD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2009
In message <gkgh56$gbi$(E-Mail Removed)> hwf <(E-Mail Removed)>
was claimed to have wrote:

>Old Gringo wrote:
>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

>
>You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
>Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
>it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
>Mheh...


Not at all, this is more typical of Microsoft's traditional service pack
and new OS release schedule, assuming Win7 gets delayed a few months
like every other OS Microsoft has released.

XP was the oddity that it lasted as long as it did.
 
Reply With Quote
 
§ñühw¤£f
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2009
Old Gringo wrote:
> On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To The
> Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
>>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

>>
>> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
>> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
>> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
>> Mheh...

> <g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.
>

I just read one poasted to Slashdot...its not as approving of the
offerings from redmond.

You can get w7beta for free if you want to play with it.
Thats the only way I'll ever use M$-free-
Its not better than what I can get from the *nix side for free.

<shrugs>
 
Reply With Quote
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2009
DevilsPGD wrote:
> In message <gkgh56$gbi$(E-Mail Removed)> hwf <(E-Mail Removed)>
> was claimed to have wrote:
>
>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
>>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

>> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
>> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
>> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
>> Mheh...

>
> Not at all, this is more typical of Microsoft's traditional service pack
> and new OS release schedule, assuming Win7 gets delayed a few months
> like every other OS Microsoft has released.
>

"The betas are usually faster" was the consensus on /.


> XP was the oddity that it lasted as long as it did.


M$ has always competed with itself. I have w98 installed and use it daily.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-14-2009
On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To
The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
> Old Gringo wrote:
>> On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To
>> The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
>>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
>>>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.
>>>
>>> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
>>> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
>>> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
>>> Mheh...

>> <g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.
>>

> I just read one poasted to Slashdot...its not as approving of the
> offerings from redmond.
>
> You can get w7beta for free if you want to play with it.
> Thats the only way I'll ever use M$-free-
> Its not better than what I can get from the *nix side for free.
>
> <shrugs>

<g>

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.comm
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kodak Printer 5500 Win7 build 7000 Kue2 Windows 64bit 5 01-26-2010 10:47 PM
Win7 Pro x64 dies with BSOD on my toshiba laptop (Win7 Retail/RTM) Warren Postma Windows 64bit 6 11-20-2009 11:23 PM
win7 32 Or 64 Kue2 Windows 64bit 5 01-13-2009 04:27 PM
Dual-boot Vista & Win7 restore points Rom Windows 64bit 8 01-12-2009 03:36 PM
RE: Win7 beta expires? Carlos Windows 64bit 0 01-12-2009 01:19 AM



Advertisments