Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: wireless internet problem

Re: wireless internet problem

PJS

You might double-check in alt.internet.wireless (no, I'm not trying to put
you off). I have fun and games with my wife's laptop and her sister's
desktop with Linksys wireless router hooked up to RoadRunner. Every once in
a while the wireless part stops working. Desktop (wired) is fine, so I know
the internet connection is good.

Probably the most important thing is to make sure you have the latest
drivers, both from Linksys (for the router) as well as MS for the wireless
connection.

Pete

"Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I friend of mine called me up tonight saying his wireless internet stop
> working last night after installed a screen saver he download from the
> internet. I uninstalled the errant screensaver program, did a visus scan,
> safe mode, last known good configuration, system restore, and checked in
> device manager to make sure his ups wireless adapter working alright(it's
> good). However, after doing all these utilities, I could not get his
> computer connect to the internet through a linksys router from another
> computer next to his room. I went to the router computer and verified

that
> the router is working and the computer the router connected to has access

> the internet. When I try to add an internet connection on the computer

with
> the ups wireless adapter, I can see the linksys router showed up, but

unable