Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > AMD Question

AMD Question

\a:\\\

On one of the practice tests I have, the question is Which processor fits in
a slot A board?

A. Athlon
B. K7 processor

I could swear I read somewhere the answer was A, Athlon, but according to
the answer key, the correct answer is K7 processor. Can someone confirm
which is correct.

Thank you

T.W. Dargis

"a:\" wrote:
> On one of the practice tests I have, the question is Which processor fits in
> a slot A board?
>
> A. Athlon
> B. K7 processor
>
> I could swear I read somewhere the answer was A, Athlon, but according to
> the answer key, the correct answer is K7 processor. Can someone confirm
> which is correct.
>
> Thank you

Dude,

This is kind of a tricky one because Athlon could mean any of that
family of processors which includes the 64s. In other words, Athlons can
run on 462 pin, 754 pin, or 940 pin sockets depending on the type of
Athlon it is. (Socket A is the 462 pin if you didn't already know).

Check out the below link to AMD support:
> http://139.95.253.214/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,Solution=4273

Cheers,
Teddy