Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: L vs l

Re: L vs l

Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:35:50 GMT, "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Likely most of us are, since you won't even share the program name.

It may go deeper than that...if the program doesn't recognize the Caps
key, it may be a proprietary application which was coded by someone
who just didn't think of everything. In the earlier days of computing,
one of the frequent error sources was mistaking an l (lower case L)
with a 1 (they often looked identical; the ID10T error joke was less
obvious). Will the Alt plus numerical keypad entries work?

Tom

>"VanillaSky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> We use a program at work that keeps tracks of students attendance and
>> transcripts. One of the gals that uses it the most needs to mark

>files with
>> an L, regardless of caps, the program writes it as l. Any

>suggestions? Im
>> stumped.
>>
>> email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:29:06 -0600, "VanillaSky"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I do think its a propritary issue. I overheard one of the programmers
>saying he could tweak it to accept an L. Its out of my hands now,
>
>thanks anyways :~)

That's exactly what it'll take, if that is indeed the issue. Good luck
with it.

Tom