Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > "All Day" Mobile Computing From Dell?

"All Day" Mobile Computing From Dell?

MissSamanthaBewleyREMOVE@gmail.com

x-no-archive:yes

Hello

Reell Laptops 15.4 inch Monitor Dell Lattitude E6500 and Dell 6400
Battery Performance
90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
84Whr high capacity battery slice (optional)

Here's what I read from a pdf file I downloaded off www.dell.co.uk
website

"All-Day Mobile Computing From Dell

Latitude Mainstream laptops introduce a dramatic step forward in
battery life. Achieve up to 19 hours of Battery Life on the E6400 with
the combination of our standard 9-cell battery,new high-capacity
battery slice,and exclusive Dell ControlPoint (TradeMark)
software.Stay connected with anytime,anywhere wireless connectivity
with support for current and emerging wireless technologies (Wi-
Fi,High Performance Wireless-N,mobile broadband Wimax Bluetooth."

The Dell Sales agent said in real life these laptops manage only 9
hours,these are obviously geared towards the business sector who need
to be on the road all day still its nice to have whats the best
battery life you can get on a 15.4 inch monitor for the retail home
user

Are Dell the only Computer Manufacturers that do these 9 hours
extended life
high capacity battery slice (optional)

Apparently this technology has been around for the last 4 to 5 years
its in the www.dell.co.uk (small business section) but it still seems
very expensive have Dell got the Monopoly on this?
Because I asked PcWorld.co.uk they said the max any laptop they sell
in regards to Battery Life was 3 hours and that was been optomistic.

I obviously appreciate it depends what you are doing on it i.e watch
YouTube.com versus basic emailing.

Are there any alternatives besides Dell that manage 9 hours battery
life at a value for money price?.

Thanks

Samantha

Gordon

On 2009-01-12, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> x-no-archive:yes
>

> Hello
>
> Reell Laptops 15.4 inch Monitor Dell Lattitude E6500 and Dell 6400
> Battery Performance
> 90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
> 4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
> 84Whr high capacity battery slice (optional)
>
> Here's what I read from a pdf file I downloaded off www.dell.co.uk
> website

Good. Now it is a good idea to provide a URL of that PDF. Shows us folks
your comments are based on an URL and not something else. Yes, the URL info
could be spin.