Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Win XP logon q

Re: Win XP logon q

Slammer

Change the local security policy in the admin tools to disable it.

--
Slammer
MCSA, CNA, iNet+, Server+, Net+, A+
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> When logging on to XP Pro, can anyone tell me how to get away from the
> CNTL+ALT+DEL key combination and back to the username & icon display?
>
> I have a machine at work that no longer needs to be on the network,

however
> after removing it from the domain one still has to do the cntl+alt+del key
> comination and then type a username. Not in itself a major problem you may
> think, however the PC has been moved into a class of 7 year olds, most of
> whom can't spell either own their name or their class name. I'm not too

sure
> about the teacher either.
>
> Thanks.

David BlandIII

Also go to Users icon in Control Panel and click on "Change the Way Users
Log On" to use
User switching.

D. Bland

news:(E-Mail Removed)...