Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Which is not a colour printer question?

Which is not a colour printer question?

Will Hay

Saw a question that asked the following:

Which of the following is NOT a colour printer?

A. Laser Printer
B. Thermal Printer
C. Electrostatic Printer
D. Dot Matrix Printer

Not sure what the answer is but as far as I can tell they are ALL colour
printers. You get colour laser printers, thermal wax printer uses colour,
electrostatic is used in Epson inkjets and dot matrix use colour ribbons.
What's the best advice if you get a question like this?

q w

The answer is D

"Will Hay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1ntgd$f2t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Saw a question that asked the following:
>
> Which of the following is NOT a colour printer?
>
> A. Laser Printer
> B. Thermal Printer
> C. Electrostatic Printer
> D. Dot Matrix Printer
>
> Not sure what the answer is but as far as I can tell they are ALL colour
> printers. You get colour laser printers, thermal wax printer uses colour,
> electrostatic is used in Epson inkjets and dot matrix use colour ribbons.
> What's the best advice if you get a question like this?

Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:12:13 -0800, "q w" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The answer is D
>

>"Will Hay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c1ntgd$f2t$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Saw a question that asked the following:
>>
>> Which of the following is NOT a colour printer?
>>
>> A. Laser Printer
>> B. Thermal Printer
>> C. Electrostatic Printer
>> D. Dot Matrix Printer
>>
>> Not sure what the answer is but as far as I can tell they are ALL colour
>> printers. You get colour laser printers, thermal wax printer uses colour,
>> electrostatic is used in Epson inkjets and dot matrix use colour ribbons.
>> What's the best advice if you get a question like this?

That's likely correct, as they can't print a "full" colour image.

Tom

q w

You should learn to think in Comptia'a way...
If all the printers could be color printers then than take the question this
way:
"Which of the following is the least popular colour printer?"
And the answer is D

news:U8L%b.36971$(E-Mail Removed)...