Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Memory Dump in Windows 2000

Memory Dump in Windows 2000

natural_4u

I get a blue screen with Memory Dump in Windows 2000 then it reboots.

Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this?

Andy Barkl [MVP]

"natural_4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I get a blue screen with Memory Dump in Windows 2000 then it reboots.
>
> Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this?

Use the System Properties icon to disable automatic "reboot/recovery" upon
error, record the hex value on the bluescreen, use support.microsoft.com to
find the root cause of the problem.

Raymond

Did you change anything before this happen? recently install a new
software, hardware? Record the number! if the same number repeats, it could
be your ram that has the problem. Try press the F8 key during boot to boot
into safe mode and last known good configuration before doing more tests.

"natural_4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I get a blue screen with Memory Dump in Windows 2000 then it reboots.
>
> Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this?

natural_4u

This is a fresh install of win2k with a P4 2.4GHZ
!GB SDRAM

"Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you change anything before this happen? recently install a new
> software, hardware? Record the number! if the same number repeats, it

could
> be your ram that has the problem. Try press the F8 key during boot to

boot
> into safe mode and last known good configuration before doing more tests.
>

> "natural_4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I get a blue screen with Memory Dump in Windows 2000 then it reboots.
> >
> > Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this?

AG

> This is a fresh install of win2k with a P4 2.4GHZ
> !GB SDRAM

I've read a couple of articles lately saying that some motherboards have
problems with the 1 GB RAM sticks. If that's what you are using you might
try going to two 512s instead. I know you don't want to hear that but it
seems to be a continuing problem.
AG

> "Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Did you change anything before this happen? recently install a new
> > software, hardware? Record the number! if the same number repeats, it

> could
> > be your ram that has the problem. Try press the F8 key during boot to

> boot
> > into safe mode and last known good configuration before doing more

tests.

> > "natural_4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > I get a blue screen with Memory Dump in Windows 2000 then it reboots.
> > >
> > > Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this?

natural_4u

Actually I am using two 512s

Curently I'm also using a ECS P4S5A/DX+ motherboard and a 420watt power
supply.

"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4044eb4b$0$97656$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "natural_4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > This is a fresh install of win2k with a P4 2.4GHZ
> > !GB SDRAM

> I've read a couple of articles lately saying that some motherboards have
> problems with the 1 GB RAM sticks. If that's what you are using you might
> try going to two 512s instead. I know you don't want to hear that but it
> seems to be a continuing problem.
> AG
>

> > "Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Did you change anything before this happen? recently install a new
> > > software, hardware? Record the number! if the same number repeats, it

> > could
> > > be your ram that has the problem. Try press the F8 key during boot to

> > boot
> > > into safe mode and last known good configuration before doing more

> tests.
> > >

> > > "natural_4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

reboots.

AG

I guess that what I'd do then is take one stick out and see if the problem
happens again then. There is also Dr. Watson that you could run to see if
it could diagnose where the error is coming from.

AG