Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Brain dumps

Brain dumps

Kristopher Francisco

I here many saying that brain dumps are cheats. I've personally been
referred to them as a student from my teachers.

They respond to the arguments against them in many different ways. One
interesting comment one of my teacher made was: How do you think Transcender
gets their questions?

Also....

I'm reading an Exam Cram book and the author states this:

"You should also cruise the Web looking for "brain dumps" (recollections of
test topics and experiences recorded by others) to help you anticipate
topics you're likely to encounter on the test.

TIP: You can't be sure that a brain dump's author can provide correct
answers. Therefore, use the questions to guide your studiesm, but never rely
on the answers in a brain dump to lead you to the truth. Double check
everything you find in any brain dump.

I know many users in these newsgroups are enemies of brain dumps (or at
least claim they are)...I would like to know...why do you consider
braindumps a cheat?

RussS

First off, the answers posted in brain dumps are usually part wrong.

Secondly, if you need to use brain dumps then you sure as hell don't know
your stuff and don't deserve to pass the exam.

Third and most important, the people who post these answers are in disregard
of the agreement they signed when they sat the exam.

I guess that covers most of it. I do have a suggestion though Kristopher
.... if your instructor is at a training centre that is certified by Comptia
or Microsoft I would email them and tell them his name, for he is not a
teacher but a useless piece of garbage.

D V. Brown

"Kristopher Francisco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I here many saying that brain dumps are cheats. I've personally been
> referred to them as a student from my teachers.
>
> They respond to the arguments against them in many different ways. One
> interesting comment one of my teacher made was: How do you think

Transcender
> gets their questions?
>
> Also....
>
> I'm reading an Exam Cram book and the author states this:
>
> "You should also cruise the Web looking for "brain dumps" (recollections

of
> test topics and experiences recorded by others) to help you anticipate
> topics you're likely to encounter on the test.
>
> TIP: You can't be sure that a brain dump's author can provide correct
> answers. Therefore, use the questions to guide your studiesm, but never

rely
> on the answers in a brain dump to lead you to the truth. Double check
> everything you find in any brain dump.
>

> I know many users in these newsgroups are enemies of brain dumps (or at
> least claim they are)...I would like to know...why do you consider
> braindumps a cheat?

I wouldn't trust brain dumps for two reasons.

1. If you've ever taken an exam, most people are nervous and their mind in a
whirlwind. Unless they have a photographic memory how accurate could their
recollection be.

2. People are basically out for themselves. In such a competitive job market
why would anyone bother being accurate about the questions and the answers.
Why benefit other potential competitors? What's in it for them?

If the exams intent is to test your knowledge in the industry then I suppose
study guides could be considered cheating too. It was not intended to be
educational, but to indicate you have at least 6 months experience in the
field.

Chris E

Most of the people in this newsgroup choose to retain information, which
eventually becomes knowledge. If you choose to retain questions and
possibly wrong answers, then that is our choice, but should someone who
chooses this route become A+ certified, it degrades the credibility of the
cert. If you know your stuff, then you will pass with or without brain
dumps, so why bother using them?

Chris
A+, Net+

"Kristopher Francisco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I here many saying that brain dumps are cheats. I've personally been
> referred to them as a student from my teachers.
>
> They respond to the arguments against them in many different ways. One
> interesting comment one of my teacher made was: How do you think

Transcender
> gets their questions?
>
> Also....
>
> I'm reading an Exam Cram book and the author states this:
>
> "You should also cruise the Web looking for "brain dumps" (recollections

of
> test topics and experiences recorded by others) to help you anticipate
> topics you're likely to encounter on the test.
>
> TIP: You can't be sure that a brain dump's author can provide correct
> answers. Therefore, use the questions to guide your studiesm, but never

rely
> on the answers in a brain dump to lead you to the truth. Double check
> everything you find in any brain dump.
>

> I know many users in these newsgroups are enemies of brain dumps (or at
> least claim they are)...I would like to know...why do you consider
> braindumps a cheat?

Jonathan Miles

"RussS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wEnTb.31484$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First off, the answers posted in brain dumps are usually part wrong.

NOBODY is disputing that.

> Secondly, if you need to use brain dumps then you sure as hell don't know
> your stuff and don't deserve to pass the exam.

Where did this *need* come from, all of a sudden? Who said they *need*
braindumps?

> Third and most important, the people who post these answers are in

disregard
> of the agreement they signed when they sat the exam.

As are the people who sit exams then go and write questions for "legitimate"
practice tests which are "exceptionally realistic" (quote from vendors
website)

What's the difference between a legit practice test and a braindump? The
braindump admits it's a braindump & the practice test denies it -
http://tinyurl.co.uk/491d

> I guess that covers most of it. I do have a suggestion though Kristopher
> ... if your instructor is at a training centre that is certified by

Comptia
> or Microsoft I would email them and tell them his name, for he is not a
> teacher but a useless piece of garbage.

I didn't come into this thread to defend cheaters, or braindumps, or
anything else. I got into this thread because I think people need to lighten
up a little bit.

Especially Russ.

His over-reactive and plainly offensive comments suggest:
A - He feels threatened somehow
B - He takes himself way too seriously
C - He was beaten as a child
D - He should take flower arranging for his next exam

(Choose TWO)

No cheating, people........

JM
--
JonathanMiles at uk2 dot net

---

Jonathan Miles

> Russ is a good guy... most of us just don't like braindumps

He seems like a good tech as well, judging by his (non nasty) postings.

JM

--
JonathanMiles at uk2 dot net

---

RussS

Jonathan

Possibly my main beef with people who use dumps is that they come into my
chosen profession and most of them are basically useless. The more that get
certified by slackarse methods means more prospective employees out there
that are willing to do do whatever to get a job. What then happens is a
constant rule of supply and demand - when there is an oversupply prices come
down - that applies to the labout market too - too many 'certified' techs
out there and the going rate falls ... ergo, too many useless spodes out
there with xyz certification that do not know their stuff means that xyz
certification gets devalued. I don't know about you, but I put a hell of a
lot of time, effort and dollars into my certifications and over the past
year have noticed a trend for employers to take less interest in them as
they have seen far too many 'certified' techs who should not be allowed to
handle a screwdriver.

not me

Certifications such as MCSE (Must Consult Someone Experienced) are a
perfect example of over filled
Boot Camps, Brain Dumps, Not a chance
Learn it the old fashioned way, get your hands dirty.

"Kathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is EXACTLY why most of us don't like brain dumps
>
> "RussS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2nITb.32521$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Jonathan
> >
> > Possibly my main beef with people who use dumps is that they come

> into my
> > chosen profession and most of them are basically useless. The more

> that get
> > certified by slackarse methods means more prospective employees out

> there
> > that are willing to do do whatever to get a job. What then happens

> is a
> > constant rule of supply and demand - when there is an oversupply

> prices come
> > down - that applies to the labout market too - too many 'certified'

> techs
> > out there and the going rate falls ... ergo, too many useless spodes

> out
> > there with xyz certification that do not know their stuff means that

> xyz
> > certification gets devalued. I don't know about you, but I put a

> hell of a
> > lot of time, effort and dollars into my certifications and over the

> past
> > year have noticed a trend for employers to take less interest in

> them as
> > they have seen far too many 'certified' techs who should not be

> allowed to
> > handle a screwdriver.

Rick Rottman

"not me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Boot Camps, Brain Dumps, Not a chance
>Learn it the old fashioned way, get your hands dirty.

How does one get their hands dirty working on computers?

- Rick

Needs More Cow Bell

http://members.myactv.net/~r.rottman/

not me

If you have ever worked in a large corporate environment and opened any PC
that is on the floor under a desk, you will find lots of dust bunnies and
dirt inside of the boxes. I was tasked with cleaning out 50 PC's of just
this, got my hands very dirty...

"Rick Rottman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "not me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Boot Camps, Brain Dumps, Not a chance
> >Learn it the old fashioned way, get your hands dirty.

> How does one get their hands dirty working on computers?
>

> - Rick
>
> Needs More Cow Bell
>
> http://members.myactv.net/~r.rottman/

left brain and right brain permutations pataphor Python 0 06-14-2009 07:14 PM
How well the brain dumps would be? GTS MCSD 1 01-02-2005 11:05 PM
brain dumps Matthew MCSD 40 11-12-2003 08:23 PM
Re: brain dumps Beoweolf Microsoft Certification 3 07-14-2003 02:38 AM
brain dumps talid MCSE 1 07-13-2003 05:26 PM

Advertisments