Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Recovery Console?

Recovery Console?

Raymond

Can anyone tell me about the concept of the recovery console? I saw it when
I install window xp in a brand new computer. Why is it ask me to install xp
or recovery console when I install a new os? How do I install a recovery
console in window xp?

Thank you.

Chugga

Drop your windows xp install disk in to your cd-rom. if auto run kicks
in click the no button. Get to a command promt by typing CMD in the
start / run dialog box, switch the command prompt to your cd-rom
drive letter, the type this command \i386\winnt32 /cmdcons then
just follow the instructions on the screen. Every time your system
boots you will be given the choice to start windows xp or windows xp
recovery console. good luck