Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > How does the exam software score the A+ exam?

How does the exam software score the A+ exam?

Joey Lemor

Hi to all,

I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
compute the score?

Thanks.

jack

"Joey Lemor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi to all,
>
> I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
> I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
> of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
> sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
> So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
> compute the score?
>
> Thanks.

are you saying that you did not answer 13 questions? - or do you think that
you had only 13 questions wrong? - I haven't taken my exams yet, and would
love to hear from others who have passed, their scores and how they think
they did - it would be helpful

James

Ripper T

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Joey Lemor) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi to all,
>
> I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
> I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
> of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
> sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
> So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
> compute the score?
>
> Thanks.

I have read that the exam is adaptive; the questions change based on
how you answer the questions previous. Each is weighted differently
and some, I hear, are practice questions and are not scored at all.
When I took the software exam, it told me at the start I needed 505
points to pass. I got a 498. The printout they give you afterward only
shows the "areas" in which you struggled so you can study up.

Rip

jack

"Ripper T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Joey Lemor) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
> > I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
> > of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
> > sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
> > So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
> > compute the score?
> >
> > Thanks.

> I have read that the exam is adaptive; the questions change based on
> how you answer the questions previous. Each is weighted differently
> and some, I hear, are practice questions and are not scored at all.
> When I took the software exam, it told me at the start I needed 505
> points to pass. I got a 498. The printout they give you afterward only
> shows the "areas" in which you struggled so you can study up.
>
> Rip

and how did you feel you did - did you struggle? -Did you struggle before
hand with the practice tests that you may have done?

Ripper T

"jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bv08qq$g0u$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Ripper T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Joey Lemor) wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > > Hi to all,
> > >
> > > I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
> > > I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
> > > of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
> > > sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
> > > So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
> > > compute the score?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

> > I have read that the exam is adaptive; the questions change based on
> > how you answer the questions previous. Each is weighted differently
> > and some, I hear, are practice questions and are not scored at all.
> > When I took the software exam, it told me at the start I needed 505
> > points to pass. I got a 498. The printout they give you afterward only
> > shows the "areas" in which you struggled so you can study up.
> >
> > Rip

> and how did you feel you did - did you struggle? -Did you struggle before
> hand with the practice tests that you may have done?

Once I got into it, I thought it was easy. Easier than I expected.
Going in, I was sure I would not pass, but by the time I finished, I
thought, "I might actually have a chance here". When I saw the 498, I
was bummed that I missed it by so little, but I knew I could pass on
the next try (I will take it again after I get the Netware 5.1 exam
out of the way). I used the practice tests to study up and they work
well for that.

Rip

Karkucus

Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is greate Link
for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp
Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
US $ 63
http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp