Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: When I restart Windows XP from the Start menu the keyboard and mouse will not respond but....

Re: When I restart Windows XP from the Start menu the keyboard and mouse will not respond but....

T. Hardy

Are both the mouse and the keyboard USB or PS/2? I just had a problem with
a USB mouse, the problem was that it was showing a PS/2 mouse in device
manager. I removed the PS/2 mouse in device manager, rebooted with the USB
mouse and everything started working.
If it is a USB mouse with a PS/2 adapter, something may be wrong with the
adapter, try it on another computer maybe???
news:(E-Mail Removed)...