Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Outlook Express 6 on XP Pro sp1

Outlook Express 6 on XP Pro sp1

Simon and Sue

Outlook express always asks me for a password , the set up will not remember
the password I give it so that each time I start OE I have to re -enter the
PW ?
If anyone has any clues ?
I'm sure I've missed something obvious !

John Loop

OE
Tools -> accounts -> mail -> properties -> servers
www.pccitizen.com Safe Computing, Home wired and wireless networking tips.

"Simon and Sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Outlook express always asks me for a password , the set up will not

remember
> the password I give it so that each time I start OE I have to re -enter

the
> PW ?
> If anyone has any clues ?
> I'm sure I've missed something obvious !

mhaase-at-springmind.com

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:02:58 -0800, "Simon and Sue"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Outlook express always asks me for a password , the set up will not remember
>the password I give it so that each time I start OE I have to re -enter the
>PW ?
>If anyone has any clues ?
>I'm sure I've missed something obvious !

This is a pretty well known problem, and has a couple of possible
causes, but for me, the most common has been:

I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.

(sigh) Address altered against Spam.

Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order