Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > defrag

defrag

melmark

I have been cleaning up the unnecessary files and desktop of one of our
neighbour's computer to make more space and to speed the start up. After
running disk cleanup on the C drive ( Windows 98 second edition ) I ran the
defrag program when it stopped because of faulty file indexing. I ran
Scandisk and found 14 errors ( all temp download references ) which I
deleted to restore space ( 163.5 Kb ). When I ran defrag again it stopped
because of faulty file indexing but when I ran Scandisk again the dialogue
box reported that there were no problem segments. Do you know of any way of
diagnosing the problem with C drive so that the defrag can be run. ?

How to see frag/defrag utilization of the router. AM Cisco 2 11-26-2005 03:06 AM
defrag sandy MCSE 1 10-16-2003 02:09 AM
defrag Keith MCSE 4 08-20-2003 08:27 PM
"Data that will not be moved" during defrag - why? Johnny Gyno Computer Support 9 07-08-2003 03:01 AM
Slow Defrag Bev Computer Support 17 07-05-2003 09:13 PM

Advertisments