Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > A+ Conflicting Information

A+ Conflicting Information

MacSysOp

I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:

Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
you replace?
A. Fan
B. Case
C. Bearing
D. Power Supply

Answer: A

I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
of)... what would the answer on the exam be?

Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
(CHOOSE TWO)
A. 0 lowest
B. 0 highest
C. 1 lowest
D. 15 lowest
E. 15 highest

Answer: A&E

I thought that the answer was "B & D".

Anyone know which is correct?

This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.

I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

David Hough

I would usually have, in my vehicle, a couple different power supplies
out of the, maybe 6 to 8 types I might encounter. So the odds might be 1
in 4 of a success. I would usually have about four different size 12
volt fans, so the odds were better on the fan. And if I did replace the
power supply, I would take it back to the shop and replace the fan and
keep it as a spare. So anyway you hack it, the fan gets replaced. I
have not found one that I could not replace. The answer a. the fan is
correct.

Slammer

I would quite reading Certkiller junk.

--
Slammer
MCSA, CNA, iNet+, Server+, Net+, A+
"MacSysOp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
> downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:
>
> Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
> you replace?
> A. Fan
> B. Case
> C. Bearing
> D. Power Supply
>
> Answer: A
>
> I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
> answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
> Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
> of)... what would the answer on the exam be?
>
> Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
> (CHOOSE TWO)
> A. 0 lowest
> B. 0 highest
> C. 1 lowest
> D. 15 lowest
> E. 15 highest
>
> Answer: A&E
>
> I thought that the answer was "B & D".
>
> Anyone know which is correct?
>
> This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.
>
> I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
> have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (MacSysOp) wrote:

> I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
> downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:
>
> Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
> you replace?
> A. Fan
> B. Case
> C. Bearing
> D. Power Supply
>
> Answer: A
>
> I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
> answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
> Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
> of)... what would the answer on the exam be?

The fan inside the PSU is not considered a FRU. Although it is quite easy
to get at, the test answer is to replace the PSU.

> Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
> (CHOOSE TWO)
> A. 0 lowest
> B. 0 highest
> C. 1 lowest
> D. 15 lowest
> E. 15 highest
>
> Answer: A&E
>
> I thought that the answer was "B & D".
>
> Anyone know which is correct?
>
> This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.
>
> I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
> have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

B and D is correct... if I remember SCSI. It is rarley seen, and when it
is, you rarely have to contend with SCSI ID numbers (other than to make
sure no two devices have the same number).

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, David Hough
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I would usually have, in my vehicle, a couple different power supplies
> out of the, maybe 6 to 8 types I might encounter. So the odds might be 1
> in 4 of a success. I would usually have about four different size 12
> volt fans, so the odds were better on the fan. And if I did replace the
> power supply, I would take it back to the shop and replace the fan and
> keep it as a spare. So anyway you hack it, the fan gets replaced. I
> have not found one that I could not replace. The answer a. the fan is
> correct.

That may be the correct technician's answer, but for the test, it is not.
This is a typical case of the book being wrong for real life.

This is also a perect example of why techs with experience often fail the
exams if they do not study for it. You know what to do for real world,
but for the test, you would fail that question (not you Dave, just the
collective "you").

FRU's are Field Replaceable Units. A PSU is a FRU, but the fan inside of
it is not. I guess the thought process is if the fan stopped, there may
be some heat damage inside the PSU. This could lead to a premature
failure of the PSU. So the idea is to replace the unit.

However, in real life, I can change a fan too- and have many, many times.

T. Hardy

I have actually replaced a fan in the field. I keep a soldering gun and
solder with me. Some fans are not soldered into the power supply circuit
board but a lot of them are so I would go with replacing the power supply.
At least for the CompTIA A+ Cert test anyway.
Just like the correct answer is replace Montor because A+ tech is not
certified to go inside monitor and fix it.
I didn't actually see that specific question on the test I took. I guess I
was lucky!!
"David Hough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I would usually have, in my vehicle, a couple different power supplies
> out of the, maybe 6 to 8 types I might encounter. So the odds might be 1
> in 4 of a success. I would usually have about four different size 12
> volt fans, so the odds were better on the fan. And if I did replace the
> power supply, I would take it back to the shop and replace the fan and
> keep it as a spare. So anyway you hack it, the fan gets replaced. I
> have not found one that I could not replace. The answer a. the fan is
> correct.

A= Voucher

Hello Guy!!!!

I passed A+ Exam!!!!

I got discounted voucher from http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp
for only US $92.
and two vouchers for only US $182.00

If you wish to Catch Discounts please hurry up.

Good Luck

(E-Mail Removed) (Ghost) wrote in message news:<user-1101041849590001@1.0.0.101>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) (MacSysOp) wrote:
>
> > I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
> > downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:
> >
> > Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
> > you replace?
> > A. Fan
> > B. Case
> > C. Bearing
> > D. Power Supply
> >
> > Answer: A
> >
> > I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
> > answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
> > Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
> > of)... what would the answer on the exam be?

> The fan inside the PSU is not considered a FRU. Although it is quite easy
> to get at, the test answer is to replace the PSU.
>

> > Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
> > (CHOOSE TWO)
> > A. 0 lowest
> > B. 0 highest
> > C. 1 lowest
> > D. 15 lowest
> > E. 15 highest
> >
> > Answer: A&E
> >
> > I thought that the answer was "B & D".
> >
> > Anyone know which is correct?
> >
> > This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.
> >
> > I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
> > have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

> B and D is correct... if I remember SCSI. It is rarley seen, and when it
> is, you rarely have to contend with SCSI ID numbers (other than to make
> sure no two devices have the same number).

Karkucus

Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is greate Link
for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp

Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
US $ 63

"AT" <torgny@@direcway.com> wrote in message news:<OOiNb.9437$(E-Mail Removed) link.net>...
> [...]
> Certification is only certifying that you have the basic knowledge about the
> Core Hardware and OS Technologies. In other words you can be a Support
> Technician, NOT a Repair Technician. And that is a heck of a difference!
> Reason 2. The cost for a new Power Supply for a PC is in range $30-$50 and
> is not possible to repair for less then that amount of money. IF we are
> talking about Power Supplies costing thousands of dollars we are facing
> another situation, but the answer would still be the same. Replace the PSU
> and send the old one in for repair.
>
> Question about SCSI: BAD Question with only one possible correct answer!
> (Chose two is required).
> As Barry already has said in his reply the priority for the ID numbers is
> going from 7-0 and 15-8 (Highest to lowest), and is depending of how many
> Devices is utilized on the Channel. This has nothing to do with Narrow or
> Wide Bus. Narrow means here an 8bit bus and Wide means a 16bit bus. Meaning
> the width of the bus, NOT how many devices you have on a channel! Host Cards
> with Narrow bus have 8 ID numbers on the Channel, but Host Cards with a Wide
> bus can have 16 or 8 ID numbers on one Channel and also have several
> Channels on the same Card!
>
> A. 0 lowest (correct in a channel with 8 IDs)
> B. 0 highest (never correct)
> C. 1 lowest (never correct)
> D 15 lowest (never correct)
> E 15 highest (never correct)
>
> This Question is constructed by someone that don't know anything about what
> he/she is doing!
>
> AT
>

> "MacSysOp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
> > downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:
> >
> > Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
> > you replace?
> > A. Fan
> > B. Case
> > C. Bearing
> > D. Power Supply
> >
> > Answer: A
> >
> > I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
> > answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
> > Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
> > of)... what would the answer on the exam be?
> >
> > Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
> > (CHOOSE TWO)
> > A. 0 lowest
> > B. 0 highest
> > C. 1 lowest
> > D. 15 lowest
> > E. 15 highest
> >
> > Answer: A&E
> >
> > I thought that the answer was "B & D".
> >
> > Anyone know which is correct?
> >
> > This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.
> >
> > I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
> > have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

Mitzi

As I remember "A+ Fourth Edition" by Charles J. Brooks, the answer is
replace the fan in the power supply.
I kinda think the book sucks tough.

I got the scsi question completely wrong.

Mitzi
A+ Network+

"MacSysOp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
> downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:
>
> Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
> you replace?
> A. Fan
> B. Case
> C. Bearing
> D. Power Supply
>
> Answer: A
>
> I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
> answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
> Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
> of)... what would the answer on the exam be?
>
> Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
> (CHOOSE TWO)
> A. 0 lowest
> B. 0 highest
> C. 1 lowest
> D. 15 lowest
> E. 15 highest
>
> Answer: A&E
>
> I thought that the answer was "B & D".
>
> Anyone know which is correct?
>
> This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.
>
> I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
> have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

Karkucus

If you really want to learn some thing about A+ Certification.

These guides are excellent , Free Demo are also available.

http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp

Please follow the link.